Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Controller Authorization

Default Controller Authorization

http://content.efilive.com/documents...horization.pdf
    Will this be automated at some point?
    Last edited by Chevy366; September 27th, 2016 at 09:33 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Possibly not, all tuners are in the same boat.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Hmm this sucks, but it's just another hurdle to overcome to tune.

I get that the controller sends its Seed when being asked to read, then we can retrieve that and send it off, have a matching Key generated, import the Key, then read as per normal. I'm a little fuzzy on how the Authorization code dealer can generate an Authorization code based on the Seed sent? If they can generate a code, is there a reason the end-consumer cannot? I'm more curious than anything else!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Hmm this sucks, but it's just another hurdle to overcome to tune.
    Yes it does, but it wasn't our choice. But at least you can still program them (for now) unlike the 2017+ T87A TCM, that looks like it is closed off, done and dusted.

I get that the controller sends its Seed when being asked to read, then we can retrieve that and send it off, have a matching Key generated, import the Key, then read as per normal. I'm a little fuzzy on how the Authorization code dealer can generate an Authorization code based on the Seed sent? If they can generate a code, is there a reason the end-consumer cannot? I'm more curious than anything else!
    Because it is our own internal system we use that has been trusted to one other person, I know people are probably thinking 'oh just a money grab', no trust me it is not that, we wish we never had to do this too. It has consumed over a month of programming and testing to this point and still requires manual intervention, we too have better things to be doing than workarounds.
    The game has changed somewhat for 2017+, but we just need to accept that, be grateful we can still actually flash these controllers without pulling them apart (eg, Euro tuning) and continue on.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So who is this other person that you trusted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their details are in the document. I won't post it here because spam bots trawl for Email addresses on forums.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes it does, but it wasn't our choice. But at least you can still program them (for now) unlike the 2017+ T87A TCM, that looks like it is closed off, done and dusted.

Because it is our own internal system we use that has been trusted to one other person, I know people are probably thinking 'oh just a money grab', no trust me it is not that, we wish we never had to do this too. It has consumed over a month of programming and testing to this point and still requires manual intervention, we too have better things to be doing than workarounds.
    The game has changed somewhat for 2017+, but we just need to accept that, be grateful we can still actually flash these controllers without pulling them apart (eg, Euro tuning) and continue on.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Thanks for the explanation Ross, makes sense to me. And the T87A can't be read (or programmed)?! :( Not good to hear, I'm sure we'll run into issues reprogramming ECMs and the TCM needs to be tweaked as well but it cant be.

And yes, fortunately we haven't had to resort to pulling them apart (yet).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes it does, but it wasn't our choice.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Will new V8 units, when purchased, still be able to flash 2 controllers, in other words if you bought a V8 unit and go to tune a 2107 that requires the auth-code and seed will it be included in the purchase price, or is additional cost still needed?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

And the T87A can't be read (or programmed)?!
    It can't be read, programming has a very nasty digital signature system in place. They've gone away from the traditional programming methods to something more like what Bosch do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Will new V8 units, when purchased, still be able to flash 2 controllers, in other words if you bought a V8 unit and go to tune a 2107 that requires the auth-code and seed will it be included in the purchase price, or is additional cost still needed?
    You will still be able to flash two controllers with the one VIN license, no change there. But the auth-code is an additional cost to the licenses, however as I mentioned above the T87A cannot be programmed at this stage so it isn't like you will need two Auth-Codes per vehicle.

Is it known yet or not if the newer Duramax will keep the current T87 or get this new masterpiece from GM ??
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast