Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking autocal

Default Unlocking autocal

I have an Autocal from a tuning company. Is there a way that it can be unlocked to except tune files from another company without sending it to the original licenser?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

You must either send your AutoCal back to the original* tuner or have the tuner send you an un-link code that allows you to un-link the AutoCal without sending it back.
    Either way you need the tuner who originally linked the AutoCal to agree to unlink the AutoCal.

* The original tuner means the tuner who controls the FlashScan device to which your AutoCal is linked.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thank you! I was worried about shipping times and having to wait. I'll try for the un-link code. Once I have the code, where do I go from there. Sorry, I'm new to this

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

If the original tuner un-links your AutoCal, you'll need to find a different tuner that can re-link your AutoCal (again via a code, or by shipping your AutoCal to the tuner). Then that tuner can supply you with tunes for your AutoCal device.
    Not sure if you're aware, but the AutoCal device requires being linked to a FlashScan device. It can only flash tunes created by the FlashScan device to which it is linked. So it needs to be linked to someone's FlashScan.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Yes, I already have another tuner in mind. Just wasn't sure what to do with the un-link code once I received it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You must either send your AutoCal back to the original* tuner or have the tuner send you an un-link code that allows you to un-link the AutoCal without sending it back.
    Either way you need the tuner who originally linked the AutoCal to agree to unlink the AutoCal.

* The original tuner means the tuner who controls the FlashScan device to which your AutoCal is linked.

Regards
    Paul
    How do you unlink an autocal through email, didnt know that was possible?

Lifetime Member

Changes were made to linking and unlinking AutoCal in this weeks Public Beta release.

More information can be found here http://www.efilive.com/latest/autoca...and-unlinking/

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I didnt know that either, great addition guys!

Lifetime Member

It adds convenience for sure, but it also comes with some risks. Just make sure you are comfortable with the reuse of link/unlink codes.

Unlike activation codes that are issued by EFILive, the remote link and unlink codes are reusable and may be used by the AutoCal customer indefinitely. As a tuner, if you choose to issue both the remote link and a remote unlink codes for a single AutoCal device and another tuner also issues both the remote link and unlink codes for that same AutoCal device, then the owner (and all subsequent owners) of that AutoCal device will be able to re-configure their AutoCal device so that it will be capable of flashing tune files from both tuners.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

If the original tuner is no longer around is there another way to unlock an auto cal so I can link it to my flash scan?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast