Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unlocking autocal

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The VIN is not updated in the ECM as part of the reflash process.

Regards
    Paul
    Except technically on LB7 and LS1, where the VIN is part of the main flash, and subsequently gets erased/re-written during a full-flash...no?

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Ahh no.

I flashed LB7 ecms quite a lot, the VIN is never changed unless the ECM gets hosed up on the FULL FLASH.

Not sure on LS1
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Not without the consent of the original tuner.

Regards
    Paul
    I have a question regarding consent, if the tuner is not in business anymore, makes no difference why, and customers now have a device they cannot use, or if they have a tuner refusing to unlink a device, is that it. ???

Oh well, sorry about your luck, gotta buy a new device ??

I know EFI-Live has no control over the tuner, the policy, etc.

But if the company is out of business it kinda sucks for the customer.

I understand it from both sides, as someone who sells autocals and has had customers contact me that their "TUNER" is being difficult or has refused to help them anymore and or is just being difficult with getting updates sent, and they want a switch to someone else and cannot get any support for the device getting unlinked.

Just wondering if that is it ?? As in they are SOL !
    www.mscservices.net

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Except technically on LB7 and LS1, where the VIN is part of the main flash, and subsequently gets erased/re-written during a full-flash...no?

Ben
    No. For LS1 and LB7, during a full flash EFILive saves the NVRAM area prior to erasing it, and during the reflash it writes the saved NVRAM area back to the flash. The VIN and other important info is stored in the NVRAM area and should be retained as far as is possible. Obviously if a full-flash crashes after erasing the NVRAM and before re-writing it it can cause the NVRAM to not be restored correctly.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I have a question regarding consent, if the tuner is not in business anymore, makes no difference why, and customers now have a device they cannot use, or if they have a tuner refusing to unlink a device, is that it. ???

Oh well, sorry about your luck, gotta buy a new device ??

I know EFI-Live has no control over the tuner, the policy, etc.

But if the company is out of business it kinda sucks for the customer.

I understand it from both sides, as someone who sells autocals and has had customers contact me that their "TUNER" is being difficult or has refused to help them anymore and or is just being difficult with getting updates sent, and they want a switch to someone else and cannot get any support for the device getting unlinked.

Just wondering if that is it ?? As in they are SOL !
    The "contract" of an AutoCal sale is between the tuner and his customer we can't interfere with that. EFILive sells AutoCals to tuners with the contractual obligation that it is (will be) linked to that tuner's FlashScan and that tuner then controls that AutoCal. We won't unlink an AutoCal without the tuner's consent. If the tuner is out of business and/or the tuner no longer has his FlashScan and physically can't unlink the AutoCals, BUT the tuner is OK with the AutoCals being unlinked then EFILive may unlink them. However, EFILive will not do that unless EFILive receives written authorization* from the registered owner of the FlashScan device to which the AutoCal is linked.

* written authorization includes an email from the same email address under which FlashScan was registered.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

The "contract" of an AutoCal sale is between the tuner and his customer we can't interfere with that. EFILive sells AutoCals to tuners with the contractual obligation that it is (will be) linked to that tuner's FlashScan and that tuner then controls that AutoCal. We won't unlink an AutoCal without the tuner's consent. If the tuner is out of business and/or the tuner no longer has his FlashScan and physically can't unlink the AutoCals, BUT the tuner is OK with the AutoCals being unlinked then EFILive may unlink them. However, EFILive will not do that unless EFILive receives written authorization* from the registered owner of the FlashScan device to which the AutoCal is linked.

* written authorization includes an email from the same email address under which FlashScan was registered.

Regards
    Paul
    I understand that hands get tied, it's too bad, but it is how it is.
    www.mscservices.net

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Ahh no.

I flashed LB7 ecms quite a lot, the VIN is never changed unless the ECM gets hosed up on the FULL FLASH.

Not sure on LS1
    Right, thats what I was referring to.

The LB7 and LS1 are different than the newer controllers as far as where/how the VIN/serial number are stored.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Does the remote link/unlink code work for all the autocals the tuner has sent out with the same V2 license, or does a new code need to be generated for each individual autocal on a case by case basis?

Thank you,
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Lifetime Member

The link/unlink codes are unique to the device pairs.

With FlashScan connected if you were to generate link/unlink codes for 5 different Autocals each code would be different.

With a different FlashScan connected, if you generated link/unlink codes for those same 5 Autocals each code would be different to the codes previously generated.

Taking one of those AutoCals aside, the 2 link codes per AutoCal could link the device if it was not already linked, and the 2 unlink codes could unlink the device, but which code would be valid at any particular time would be dependent on the FlashScan that provided the link. Those codes can be reused for that unique AutoCal/FlashScan pair.

If your customer had your link and unlink codes, and the link/unlink codes of another tuner he then has the tools to switch between the 2 sets of tunes at any time.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123