Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about WideBand 02 Sensors

There are people here using the Innovate MTX...

V2 can read the MTX using serial comms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    And also, going back to my long #4 post, half way down.. is mounting the wideband an inch away from the narrowband okay? The narrowband is mounted 12 o'clock and I'm thinking of mounting the wb around 2 o'clock and an inch closer to my block-huggers (and almost under them).
    That should be ok.

Having used just about every wideband on the market, I would no longer buy innovate, or plx products.

AEM seems to be the go apart from the slow response rate on serial data for the moment. So i'm predominantly using the ALM Ecotrons line as the serial data is blistering fast.

Very interesting wideband...

does this already communicate with V2's serial comms port...?

or are you running it on the CAN lan/bus...?

http://www.ecotrons.com/products/accurate_lambda_meter/

Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

And also, going back to my long #4 post, half way down.. is mounting the wideband an inch away from the narrowband okay? The narrowband is mounted 12 o'clock and I'm thinking of mounting the wb around 2 o'clock and an inch closer to my block-huggers (and almost under them).
    The manufacturer of the kit will have a recommended distance to mount the O2 sensor. To close or far away from the manifold(s)/turbo can affect the accuracy of the readings. Read the install instructions!
    '02 S10 Xtreme 4.3 Syclone power; AWD, 4L60E; 411 PCM: Walbro 255; 160F thermo: Front coil overs, 4" static drop;

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Very interesting wideband...

does this already communicate with V2's serial comms port...?

or are you running it on the CAN lan/bus...?

http://www.ecotrons.com/products/accurate_lambda_meter/

Yeah Paul's already added in the serial protocol support a while back.

I replaced the old as hell sensor on my dyno with with the LED display version. I feed the analog line into the dyno machine and have the serial cable i can plug into the v2 unit.

I've got a few more units i have for in-car mounting also. Good thing is they work well on diesels too because they show upto lambda 2 and beyond. (though it's really the 4.9 sensor that's the limiting factor)

Thanks everyone.

Tre-Cool have you used this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3844-INNO...3D272394240430 ?

I'd like to know who owns one, what they think about it, if they had/have any problems with it...........

Yes, i have 2 in my drag car & 2 in my brothers, i.e 1 in each side of the extractors. they are the same as that one which uses the older 4.2 sensors and they are prone to dieing or requiring frequent free air re-calibrations. Which is why i stopped buying them. The newer ones are using the 4.9 sensors but after all the E8 errors they experiences i moved on.

So personally i only use them as a reference/safety check for forced induction cars. I'm moving away from using them for tuning. I've even just installed one of my alm's to compare against the 2 mtx-l's in my drag car this week.

they did however get me to an 8.89 in a vx commodore, but i'd battery dramas last season so i was loosing data from then when the battery voltage dropped off. im hoping to go quicker this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Yeah Paul's already added in the serial protocol support a while back.

I replaced the old as hell sensor on my dyno with with the LED display version. I feed the analog line into the dyno machine and have the serial cable i can plug into the v2 unit.

I've got a few more units i have for in-car mounting also. Good thing is they work well on diesels too because they show upto lambda 2 and beyond. (though it's really the 4.9 sensor that's the limiting factor)
    Ok, I saw that ALM is one of the wideband types for serial comms.

In the ALM user manual I noticed it mentioned a CAN interface... does this mean that V2 can connect to it using the upcoming CAN ability (like the AEM)...?

It technically should if you get one of the can versions as ALM allows you to create a custom user broadcast.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast