Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions about WideBand 02 Sensors

Fookin 'ell. I didn't notice MTX-L takes 4.2's. Fook dat den. Thanks for saving me from buying it.

Tre-Cool do you think your 02 sensor/controller problems are because of the excess heat in your engine bay and pipes + NVH + fighter-jet-like G-forces?
    My LS is from a VX fyi.

I checked that Ecotrons link and oh yeah.. me want. Just emailed them a couple questions..

Yeah, the Ecotrons looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Yeah, the Ecotrons looks very good.
    Oh yeh, I was sold and got hard as soon as I saw those digital gauges (BLUE LED's FTW) and read that they use 4.9's..

Would it be possible to connect the V2 scanner (which I'll hopefully receive from DrkPhx some day) + the Econtrons controller to this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal.../181796823754? which I bought and am waiting on, instead of their gauge?
    Forgot to ask them about the turbo timer.

The ALM is already supported by V2 serial comms.

The question is, will the ALM's CAN lan/bus interface work with V2's upcoming CAN lan/bus interface (like the AEM).

O...K...
    But can I get my turbo timer which has a digital A/F gauge on it to show me what my wideband sensor / Ecotrons controller is reading, instead of my narrowbands? How would the turbo timer get the wideband signal??? Would there even be any difference between what the wideband and narrowbands would show on the gauge?
    +
    What are the advantages or what's the point of this upcoming V2 CAN lan/bus interface? Nevermind.. I remembered after re-reading what I previously read on that Ecotrons page. Is it possible to cross out text here on efilive?
    Last edited by Mr. Smith; October 8th, 2016 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    O...K...
    But can I get my turbo timer which has a digital A/F gauge on it to show me what my wideband sensor / Ecotrons controller is reading, instead of my narrowbands? How would the turbo timer get the wideband signal??? Would there even be any difference between what the wideband and narrowbands would show on the gauge?
    +
    I don't know the answer to that.

What are the advantages or what's the point of this upcoming V2 CAN lan/bus interface? Nevermind.. I remembered after re-reading what I previously read on that Ecotrons page. Is it possible to cross out text here on efilive?
    V2 serial comms pid update rate is something like 10-15 times per second.
    CAN lan/bus pid update rate is something like 25-40 times per second.

( yes, you can edit your own posts )

Yeh thanks Joe. I had already edited my post.. The underlined writing in red is what I wanted to put a line over (like to "cross it out".. but it doesn't seem we can do that here on this forum.

I had a chance at getting x2 '07 VE Commo 4.9 LSU widebands a couple hours ago, but the only way you can remove them is if you remove the damn engine/trans. Imagine having to remove your engine/trans just to replace an 02 sensor or cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

I had a chance at getting x2 '07 VE Commo 4.9 LSU widebands a couple hours ago, but the only way you can remove them is if you remove the damn engine/trans. Imagine having to remove your engine/trans just to replace an 02 sensor or cat.
    I would make the engineering design team each take a prototype car home each weekend with the task of doing specific DIY maintenance tasks and to report back on Monday morning the level of difficulty encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I would make the engineering design team each take a prototype car home each weekend with the task of doing specific DIY maintenance tasks and to report back on Monday morning the level of difficulty encountered.
    LOL
    I'm sure they'd call in sick each monday.

Econtron hasn't replied to my email yet.

My bad. Ecotron emailed me back, but it went to my Junk folder. They were quick to reply.

I/we can buy their controller kit without an 02 sensor fyi.
    They asked me if I "need CAN bus or RS232 ?" and if I "need 0-5V analog signal output of Lamba for ECU ?".

I don't bloody know, I was asking them what I need bah

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast