Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Questions about WideBand 02 Sensors

Can they provide all 3 (CAN bus, RS232, 0-5V analog)...?

Also, ask them how quickly (how many times per second) their RS232 can be polled/queried/sampled...?

And, same question of their CAN bus.

I believe from previous inquiry. you can only get it with can bus & analog or Serial & analog. let me dig up my email.

hmm i dunno actually as my inquiry was for serial for the alm-2 which was 2 widebands in 1 unit.

"Sorry, the ALM-CAN II just supports the CAN function, doesn't support serial optput now.
    You can see our ALM II"

kind of related, maybe not but last night i thought i'd test to see if i could daisy chain the mtx-l serial data and you can.

I just cut the plug off the programming cable so i could use the male end into the OUT plug of 1 wideband and then stuck the raw wires into the IN plug of the first 1. Then Hey presto i get data from both into efilive.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Can they provide all 3 (CAN bus, RS232, 0-5V analog)...?
    I have no idea.

Also, ask them how quickly (how many times per second) their RS232 can be polled/queried/sampled...?

And, same question of their CAN bus.
    Sorry mate. I'm not going to email them again (unless I buy their wideband controller) especially regarding CAN bus, RS232... as they asked me if I needed CAN bus, RS232... and CAN bus, ALM-CAN, RS232, Lamda, serial output... is all Chinese to me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

Sorry mate. I'm not going to email them again (unless I buy their wideband controller) especially regarding CAN bus, RS232... as they asked me if I needed CAN bus, RS232... and CAN bus, ALM-CAN, RS232, Lamda, serial output... is all Chinese to me
    All these in one package...?

All these in one package...?
    They asked me if I need "CAN bus or RS232" and if I need "0-5V analog signal output of Lamda for ECU" which I have no idea and after asking them what I need.. and you're asking me to ask them technical questions about the things that they don't know if I need and I don't know if I need or even are... my head just exploded.
    Joe, you can easily email them whatever questions you have at support@ecotrons.com (their technical support email address).

At this stage, it doesn't look like I'm buying any wideband controller + EFI Live V2 because DrkPhx emailed me saying he's tired of waiting to receive my payment from Paypal.. even though we both have waited 16 days and he only had 5 more days to receive my money I sent him.. and he could've received the money in 7 days but chose the 21 days option.. and is now again saying he'll only send me the V2 if I pay him via Paypal Gift or Money Gram.. after finally agreeing to just let me pay him the normal Paypal way + sent him a $10US tip and paid for his Paypal fees.................

I knew it was a mistake, as did everybody I else I mentioned it to. Don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was desperate and wanted to save around $600.

At least I got some used 4.9 LSU widebands for free!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

Joe, you can easily email them whatever questions you have at support@ecotrons.com (their technical support email address).

I'll do this.

Topic related question..

Why do people (on here, aftermarket wideband controller companies...) say to remove your widebands from your pipes when you're done tuning and to avoid driving for long distances with them installed.. as if 02 wideband sensors are so fragile?

I don't see widebands failing in factory cars after 10 years and over 200,000km's on the clock.
    Then there's this.. "LSU 4.9 gets rid of the reference air, and therefore gets rid of the biggest failure mode. As a result, LSU 4.9 has a long life and can maintain the accuracy throughout the life." (compared to 4.2 LSU).

So could it be that everyone who had problems with their widebands were using inferior 4.2's and their aftermarket controllers were over or under heating them, causing them to prematurely fail? Seems so. Most aftermarket wideband controllers take 4.2's and I bet most of them don't control the temp perfectly which is crucial to sensor life (so I read).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast