Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Have we been doing autove wrong?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Judging by the comments here you guys think its something either with the controller or the inputs itself? Nothing in the tune could cause this type of issue, or nothing easy to overlook?
    Yes, I would call this a wideband issue. In your last log... as the commanded AFR changes, the changes in reported injector pulsewidth would indicate that the tune is making the correct changes to your fueling.

I'm not familiar with Innovate products but from joecar's last post, it appears that the brown wire is for the simulated narrowband... so ignore my previous suggestion to switch to that wire.

Paul, I appreciate you taking the time.

I did check the settings, I have the firmware programmer that allows me to setup the controller outputs. I will take a closer look at that. It does kinda seem like statesman might be onto something, it appears like it could be functioning as a narrow band so ill go through all the settings to see. That said when using the Innovative program it is showing me the same values, which should rule out any sort of analog output mapping because I can check it against itself.

Judging by the comments here you guys think its something either with the controller or the inputs itself? Nothing in the tune could cause this type of issue, or nothing easy to overlook? Ill look over all my settings again.

Joe,

Are you saying that this link to setup the controller is incorrect? Im at a loss.
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...e_tutorial.php

Thanks guys.

Mitch
    I find this setup strange. You tell EFI live that 0v is AFR 10, and 5V is AFR 20. Then you configure the Wideband to behave differently. Where AFR 10 is actually 0.88v and AFR 20 is 4.2v.

I might be all wrong, because I do not know EFI live very good. But as I understand the sae_generic.txt the config for your wideband should look like this:

# Innovate WBO2
    # ================================================
    *CLC-00-1007
    V 0.88 4.21 0.1 "{EXT.AD1}"
    AFR 10.0 20.0 0.2 "{EXT.AD1}*3.00+9.70" #10.00 - 0.30 to compensate for cable resistance

Tried to run trough your log with this configuration, and you are leaner than commanded fuel the whole time.
    Do you have simple wideband gauge so that you cold verify the AFR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EspenT; October 22nd, 2016 at 01:19 AM.

The 10 and 20 you see in the CLC are the AFR chart/gauge display min/max limits (i.e. the scantool chart's vertical range for that pid, and the scantool gauge's sweep range)... the mapping of V to AFR is done purely the equation (regardless of the AFR min/max display limits)

Same with the 0.88 and 4.21, these are the V min/max chart/gauge display limits for V.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The 10 and 20 you see in the CLC are the AFR chart/gauge display min/max limits (i.e. the scantool chart's vertical range for that pid, and the scantool gauge's sweep range)... the mapping of V to AFR is done purely the equation (regardless of the AFR min/max display limits)
    Thanks for explaining that Then that equation he uses is in fact correct.
    10AFR / 3.333V = 3.0AFR/1v

Since wideband starts at .88 not 0.
    0.883 x 3 = 2.649
    10 - 2.65 = 7.35

And we do still not understand anything about what's causing Mitch's problems. At least I learnt something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be back on the Dyno Tuesday and I'll try a few of the suggestions listed here. The thing that makes me think it's not the wideband input settings is I have the innovative being input via serial to the laptop directly and logging through their logging program and I can confirm that the afr it displays is very close to that of the efilive scan tool. To me this means or should mean that my inputs are correct, if they were not these two different loggers would be different from one another.

I also confirmed that during closed loop my wb02 is displaying right around 14.7 and it's responding so quickly that I can see the stfts working as it bounces around 14.7.

I have a 5.3 waiting to go on the Dyno, I might just strap that down and go through the same process. This will rule out the truck or the wb02 depending on what my results are.

This truck does have about 200,000miles on it so it's possible there is something else at play mechanically. Switching trucks will rule this possibility out.

SO I think I finally got it figured.

Put the 5.3 on the dyno and same thing. It dawned on me that maybe the O2 needed to be calibrated again. Sure enough that was all it took. Put it in fresh air and calibrated it and now the desired follows the actual afr (within a small margin of error anyways). I think that was my issue all along.

I will know for sure once I get into the meat of tuning this thing! Didnt have much time left after I stumbled onto this.

Thanks guys so much! Remember to calibrate your WBO2s!

Mitch

SO I think I finally got it figured.

Put the 5.3 on the dyno and same thing. It dawned on me that maybe the O2 needed to be calibrated again. Sure enough that was all it took. Put it in fresh air and calibrated it and now the desired follows the actual afr (within a small margin of error anyways). I think that was my issue all along.

I will know for sure once I get into the meat of tuning this thing! Didnt have much time left after I stumbled onto this.

Thanks guys so much! Remember to calibrate your WBO2s!

Mitch
    Mitch,

Good job figuring it out

( now at the top of my quickie notes I'll write: "has WBO2 been free-air calibrated recently" )

haha yeah to be honest I should have thought of it sooner, but I guess it was in my head that it was a new one and I thought I did calibrate it but maybe it needed a few heat cycles and then to be calibrated again, that or I didnt do it correctly the first time.

Thanks so much for not giving up on it with me, I still learned alot about the process from this mess. haha.

No worries... we all learn stuff from all the things that go wrong some of my best lessons.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast