Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have we been doing autove wrong?

Lifetime Member

We are scheduled to build beta software later this week. If you think your updates are ready for inclusion, please send it through.

Cheers
    Cindy

I emailed Paul the updated document on the weekend. Hopefully he or someone else is just doing a final check.

If we can include some calc Pids. I'll edit mine and sent them through for inclusion.

Since this topic is here and I am doing one of my first VE tables.

Do any of you guys find the BEN amount to be to high one way or the other? IE if I go through on the dyno and hit every cell 50+ times and take this and multiply the VE table by the BEN amounts my VE table goes to a jagged mess. As a result what I started doing (after what must of been 6-7 hours of trying to do it the way that it should be done) I would look over the BEN table and add about half of the difference to areas of the table this allowed me to get +-5% but it was much more involved as I was no longer pinpointing specific cells but the about a 4X4 grid and making changes to that. I saw that Joecar posted up how he is calculating his BEN pid which I may try to see what happens.

When I was done I logged the MAF airflow vs the calculated VE airflow and they are pretty damn close, I just would have loved to do the BEN map in its entirely and get it in 1-2 shots not 20, lol.

This is on straight 91octane fuel.

I have only been a diesel guy until recently, but I am enjoying learning this whole new world

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Since this topic is here and I am doing one of my first VE tables.

Do any of you guys find the BEN amount to be to high one way or the other? IE if I go through on the dyno and hit every cell 50+ times and take this and multiply the VE table by the BEN amounts my VE table goes to a jagged mess. As a result what I started doing (after what must of been 6-7 hours of trying to do it the way that it should be done) I would look over the BEN table and add about half of the difference to areas of the table this allowed me to get +-5% but it was much more involved as I was no longer pinpointing specific cells but the about a 4X4 grid and making changes to that. I saw that Joecar posted up how he is calculating his BEN pid which I may try to see what happens.

When I was done I logged the MAF airflow vs the calculated VE airflow and they are pretty damn close, I just would have loved to do the BEN map in its entirely and get it in 1-2 shots not 20, lol.

This is on straight 91octane fuel.

I have only been a diesel guy until recently, but I am enjoying learning this whole new world
    Do you apply the low cell count filter/button...?

Do you apply the transient filter (i.e. to filter out any data where TP is moving more than say 5% in 100 ms)...?

Which BEN pid are you using...?

Does your wideband waveform look sensible (is the WB working correctly)...?

Post log files.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Do you apply the low cell count filter/button...?

Do you apply the transient filter (i.e. to filter out any data where TP is moving more than say 5% in 100 ms)...?

Which BEN pid are you using...?

Does your wideband waveform look sensible (is the WB working correctly)...?

Post log files.
    I do have the filter applied and since I am on the dyno I will sit in one cell for atleast 50+ hits in a row.

I am using the BEN_LM21 - Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - LM2 LS1 Style.

My wideband is a LC2 and I checked the AFR that its own software displays agains what the AFR_LM21 displays and its within .25 of an afr. Not 100% perfect but very close. The wideband looks just fine. I dont have my logs from when I was calibrating my VE but here is a WOT pull on the dyno, you can see the MAF/VE table working in OL mode when it switches to PE mode.

8.1 Liter Pull WOT PULL.efi

I can get some longer ones if you need to see anything else to possibly point me in the right direction

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    I emailed Paul the updated document on the weekend. Hopefully he or someone else is just doing a final check.

If we can include some calc Pids. I'll edit mine and sent them through for inclusion.
    I'm reviewing it, and adding some stuff in...

I have not gone thru it in detail yet, but here are my notes:

Tunetool:
    - make sure fueling units are EQR and not Lambda (to avoid confusion).
    - make sure to set B3605, B3647, B3618 in EQR units, not Lambda.

OL STFT:
    B4206 = disable
    B3647: don't allow any cells to be stoich.

PE:
    B3618 = EQR 1.175 (or even EQR 1.18 to be safe)
    B3616 = 65% below 3200 rpm, 35% above (to make sure PE activates).

Single Wideband:
    CALC.WO2BEN = EXT.WO2LAM1 * GM.EQIVRATIO

Dual Wideband (select leanest on the fly):
    CALC.WO2BEN = (EXT.WO2LAM1 > EXT.WO2LAM2 ? EXT.WO2LAM1, EXT.WO2LAM2) * GM.EQIVRATIO
    CALC.WO2BEN is what we've called this pid in the Calc.VET and Calc.MAFT threads.

Also, in Calc.VET and Calc.MAFT we've adopting a convention in terminology:
    - use EQR when talking about commanded fueling.
    - use Lambda when talking about wideband measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    I do have the filter applied and since I am on the dyno I will sit in one cell for atleast 50+ hits in a row.

I am using the BEN_LM21 - Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - LM2 LS1 Style.

My wideband is a LC2 and I checked the AFR that its own software displays agains what the AFR_LM21 displays and its within .25 of an afr. Not 100% perfect but very close. The wideband looks just fine. I dont have my logs from when I was calibrating my VE but here is a WOT pull on the dyno, you can see the MAF/VE table working in OL mode when it switches to PE mode.

8.1 Liter Pull WOT PULL.efi

I can get some longer ones if you need to see anything else to possibly point me in the right direction

Thanks so much
    Yes, get a longer one.

Yes, get a longer one.

Yeah again this was the only log I had after I turned back on the trims and started to attach the timing, thats why you see it in CL during the non PE section of the log. Ill turn everything back off and fill out my VE map on the dyno and send the whole log, as soon as I get time to get back on the dyno.

I believe I have it pretty close but I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks so much

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

CALC.AFR_LM21 is different than GM.AFR by a factor of 1.2 or greater...

are you correcting the VE table (B0101)...?

if so, did you fail the MAF (do this by causing a MAF DTC to show up immediately, see P0101,2,3 in C6001, and see C2901,2,3)...?

also, you have to disable CL (B4205), LTFT's (B3701), OL STFT's (B4206 and/or avoid stoich in B3605/B3647) during correction.
    Last edited by joecar; October 13th, 2016 at 09:36 AM.

Hi Mitch,

CALC.AFR_LM21 is different than GM.AFR by a factor of 1.2 or greater...

are you correcting the VE table (B0101)...?

if so, did you fail the MAF (do this by causing a MAF DTC to show up immediately, see P0101,2,3 in C6001, and see C2901,2,3)...?

also, you have to disable CL (B4205), LTFT's (B3701), OL STFT's (B4206 and/or avoid stoich in B3605/B3647) during correction.
    Joecar,

Since reading your initial post this morning I have been searching around here and found the thread I am assuming you were referring to..

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...in-single-log)

I started to work through it but it appears that efilive has probably change their format since this was first drawn up, and as a result I am been trying to incorporate the changes in that file into what I assume is the correct file (sae.generic.txt, as opposed to calc_pids.txt). Basically trying to work through it and set it up the way that was dictated in the above thread.

I did get the MAF to error out, and confirmed I had no trims working (I logged for STFT and the LTFTs and confirmed they stayed at 0. I switched over my VE units from %. Running out of time today to fight with it much more. Biggest thing I am a little unsure about is how the two txt files relate, as just changing the calc_pids file did not populate the PID list with those required calcs.

Thanks so much,

Mitch

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast