Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cruze E78 Rev Limiter Question

Default 2012 Cruze E78 Rev Limiter Question

I'm running a 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbocharged EcoTech in a sand rail. I'm using an E78 controller with the 2012 OEM calibration. Operating system number 12646746. I can't get the engine to rev past the hidden 4000 rpm rev limiter. The system is code free no reduced power mode is indicated. however at 4000 Rpm the throttle closes to 30% and will not allow anything above that Rpm. Has anyone run up against this and if so can you tell me what I am missing. Do I need to start with a different base calibration that uses a different operating system? Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.
    STEVE SBELGIO ECLIPSE ENGINEERING
    Last edited by SBELGIO; October 16th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.

Post your tune file. What transmission?

The calibration is for a six speed manual transmission, the sand rail uses a volkswagen trans axle. I am not currently supplying any speed signal to the controller

I'm guessing you're using an auto calibration. There's a transmission default torque table that is used if communication with transmission controller is lost. It's usually set to negative torque numbers above 4k rpm. I don't think efilive has it available to edit. Swapping to a manual cal should fix, and would solve idle issues you'll have if trying to use an auto cal.

No i am using a 6 speed manual transmission base calibration

Quote Originally Posted by SBELGIO View Post
    No i am using a 6 speed manual transmission base calibration
    Possibly the lack of speed input and clutch position is causing it to default to that table. Seems the manual cal would work. You could try to get efilive to add the table, hptuners has it. It's not an issue for anyone but us motor swapping folks.

I contacted hp tuners and they said that they did not support this operating system, perhaps i need to contact them again. I attempted to simulate the clutch pedal input however i can not get the controller to recognize the input

Quote Originally Posted by SBELGIO View Post
    I contacted hp tuners and they said that they did not support this operating system, perhaps i need to contact them again. I attempted to simulate the clutch pedal input however i can not get the controller to recognize the input
    You'll need one of the 0-5v sensors to make the clutch input work, but its not really needed if you can modify this table. There's a lot more parameters that pertain to standalone engine use in the other guys software, I'm pretty sure your cal is now supported. I have an e39 LEA 2.4l running standalone with an auto cal behind a t56, so I've figured out all the tricks the hard way...

Post your tune file.

I am using a 0-5 volt reference ; as for the support as of yesterday they said no on this operating system

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast