Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no DSP for LML?

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    As the saying goes, you snooze, you lose !!!

If there is demand, someone will fill it, some way, somehow.

I am ordering a bunch of units, it's not going away, it's only going to grow, so you either beat them or join them........and that is just how it is.

I'll be testing on my LML soon enough.
    Tony maybe I am reading in to what you wrote the wrong way as some sort of stab at EFILive for not doing something like this ourselves? After seeing how the OS is protected on these ECM's we never pursued the idea of developing a true DSP OS for the LML, so the only thing we've been 'beaten' by is Bosch.
    What Ben has done is a great solution given the restraints imposed by the hardware design, there is no angst, jealously or envy going on here. As long as Ben is getting a cut from the product that I assume is now selling his idea then good on him.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 20th, 2016 at 10:31 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It's not a stab at you or EFI or Ben, it's just an observation, BEN figured it out but could not get it to market, you guys did not pursue it for the reason you stated but the fact is someone got it to work.

Its nothing more than that, someone decided they were going to develop it and make it work, and the demand for it is driving sales of it to them.

Its not the first time that this happened, it happens all the time in business, someone had an idea to build a computer once upon a time, now we have Apple and MICROSOFT.

I was just commenting on the fact that the idea you guys have done so well with , DSP5 and CSP drove a lot of sales, but not pursuing the LML due to not being able to write a custom OS was why you never did the switchable tuning.

On edit: I don't think Ben has any skin in that process, in fact he was going to send out his beta setup for me to test but never did, to my knowledge this is all EZ LYNK, but again I do not have all the facts yet, but Ben used the + & - tap shifter to switch, this system uses a rotary switch.
    Last edited by GMC-2002-Dmax; November 20th, 2016 at 04:25 PM.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Tony, I had some PM's with Ben about his LML mod months ago. At the time he needed to be able to flash a modified Slave OS section via the OBD-II port (maybe that has changed, I don't know). I said it was not possible for the reasons explained in my opening post and appologised we couldn't work with him on it. I also said that requiring users to pull apart their ECM and flash a modified OS using something like Alientech's KTAG tool to get an EFILive DSP OS in the ECM made absolutely no sense from a business perspective for us which is also why we chose not to develop a true DSP OS ourselves.

Yes DSP and CSP have been very good for our sales, it is what people want and I enjoy writing them too which makes it a win all around. The E98 2.8L DSP came out long after the LML ECM was released but we knew we could do them which is why it happened, there was no technical brick wall like the LML so we 'get' that people want it.

If you've 'ordered a bunch of units' then surely you understand how it works to invest so much? Is it really switching in multiple commanded fuel, injection time, driver demand, rail pressure and timing maps like you think it must be? The very things you tuners know needs to be done for it to work right, or is it just fooling a sensor with tuning to match? I don't know, I'm happy to be educated on it though.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 20th, 2016 at 05:40 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Unfortunately it makes no difference how it works in the end, it apparently does work good enough to make the customer happy, and just as I pointed out, we have an option that is driving sales.

I can either ignore it and suffer sales losses to my peers and competitors, or begin to support it and capture some of those sales, its strictly a business decision and not a personal one.

In the grand scheme of things you know that the demand drives what you do as a business owner, not what you want to do necessarily, but what your customers want.
    www.mscservices.net

I think there is some confusion. EZ Link is not Ben, EZ Link is a cloud based tuning product that has switchable LML tuning.

As Tony mentioned, it's what the customers are asking for. Like the LML, a competitor started tuning them and customers flocked to them because there wasn't a good competitive product. Then EFI Live decided to market tuning for the LML, seemed like a simple business decision.

I see the EZ Link becoming a force, especially if they do not have competition that offers switchable tuning. I'm not discrediting anything anyone has done or pointing fingers, just stating what is happening in the trenches by listening to the customer's feedback. Just information from a company that listen's to many inquiries a day on this subject.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Far out guys, I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Far out guys, I don't know what to say.
    Say you might revisit it........
    www.mscservices.net

I don't know enough about how you guys at EFI Live run things internally but, with that said why wouldn't you have different divisions of the company that keeps developing the released items and another that works on all the future items that's coming out? Having continued support and development if the current controllers is very important to the guys who tune. As we learn more and more about what and how things work and what could be beneficial for us all including you guys to just makes good business sense for that to happen. You guys are almost in a class by yourself but not quite. These other guys develop or try to for the things that people want and can't get through EFI Live. I appreciate what you do and would really like to see a more open minded approach to satisfying the customer demands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post
    I don't know enough about how you guys at EFI Live run things internally but, with that said why wouldn't you have different divisions of the company....
    It is a two man show on the software side of things, no divisions to delegate resources too (did you realise there was only two of us doing everything in development ?)

No sir I didn't realize that. That's us why I stated I didn't know how the inner workings was there. I do applaud you for what you do. I like many others do feel that the existing items are in need of refining. If I were smart enough and had the time and monies I would gladly join you in helping accomplish that.

Admin Edit:
    I moved posts that were not related to DSP for LML to a new thread here:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...2-LML-wishlist
    Last edited by GMPX; November 23rd, 2016 at 02:48 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast