Thread: Cant rewind on a data log screen?

Default Cant rewind on a data log screen?

When I play a data logged file my forward buttons are illuminated but the rewind buttons are inoperable. The only way to go back is to go all the way to the beginning. Thanks for the help

Lifetime Member

Hi, need more information on this. V7.5, V8, size of log, can you attach log file for analysis, screenshots.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Post a screenshot.

Pause it first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	data log screenshot.PNG 
Views:	233 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	20356

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Doctor of Tn View Post
    When I play a data logged file my forward buttons are illuminated but the rewind buttons are inoperable. The only way to go back is to go all the way to the beginning. Thanks for the help
    In the V7 scan tool:

The FF button is only available during playback if the playback speed is not set to the fastest speed. Clicking the FF button will increase the playback speed to the fastest possible speed. Clicking the Play button will return the playback to the default playback speed. The default playback speed is set using the Edit>Properties->[Playback]->"Playback Speed" slider bar.

The RW button is not available during playback.

The FF and RW buttons are available when not playing back data. In that case they simply cause the chart inspector (i.e. the vertical line that shows the current frame) to move left or right a large number of frames. The actual number is set using the Edit>Properties->[Playback]->Charts->"Ctrl+Arrow key scrolls" option.

If you playback the chart and stop it part way through, it will replot the entire chart automatically if the number of frames is less than Edit>Properties->[Playback]->Charts->"Auto replot limit". Otherwise you will be asked to replot the chart. If you choose not to replot the chart it will remain only partially plotted. To force a replot click the Star shaped button to the left of the VCR style controls.

If you want to analyze, playback the charts for only a specific portion of the chart you could either:
    Simply use the mouse to move the chart inspector backwards and forwards over the desired area,
    or
    Highlight the area you are interested in and select the [Crop] button (at the very right end of the VCR controls) to delete all the other data. Be careful when saving the log file. Don't overwrite the original file or you will permanently lose the cropped data. You should re-save the cropped data into a new file so you don't lose the cropped data from the original file.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.