Thread: 08 Cab and Chassis

Default 08 Cab and Chassis

First time trying to tune a Cab and Chassis, can I flash a pickup O.S. file into the ecm? I'm waiting for them to pull the original file out of the ecm and send it to me so I can have that in case it's needed. Was hoping to just change the vin in a Pick Up tune and flash it in?
    I've done a handful of 6.7 trucks but this is my first cab and chassis and happens to be my first remote tune so I just want make sure that it will all work out. He's only looking for a tow tune, nothing crazy just don't want to brick his ecm or anything.

08 Cab and Chassis, Auto.
    VIN- 3D6WH46A88G147257

Also, do the CC use a manual file everytime? The only CC files I've found are manual files.
    The Pickup file that I'd like to flash in is a 55620807 Operating System.

Any help would be great. Thanks in Adavance
    Last edited by Dom_c13b; October 22nd, 2016 at 10:18 PM.

Lifetime Member

I have had limited sucess in the past tuning cab and chassis trucks with a pickup OS. I have found that in the end it is better to use a C&C OS as using a pickup OS can cause some quirks. You will need to use an auto OS for an auto trans and manual OS for a manual trans like you would when tuning the regular pickup trucks - just with a C&C OS.

This may be a little tricky if it is a remote customer and it is your first cab and chassis as these trucks can be somewhat temperamental with some settings. My approach on the C&C trucks is "less is more." In my experience, making a bunch of limiter changes and such can cause them to surge and have some unfavorable driving characteristics. I have found that a good tune can be done with a few changes in the right places.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate your advice. Do you happen to know if all of the cab and chassis Auto's were Aisin's or did some come with the 68rfe? I'm waiting to hear back from the shop, they are supposed to check the dipstick location and get back to me.
    I didn't intend on my first remote tune to be a CC. I work as a marine engineer on a ship out of Seattle and Alaska and hobby tune when I'm home back in Maine. A local shop has had me do a few tunes and I told them that if they needed any stock truck tunes that it would be no problem while I'm out to sea, and if it was anything more than a lift pump I wanted to do it in person. I forgot to mention anything about Chassis Cabs, oh well haha. I will heed your advice though and go with the less is more approach for it.
    Thanks again
    ~ Dominic
    Last edited by Dom_c13b; October 24th, 2016 at 06:00 AM.

Lifetime Member

Should have an Aisin if its an auto.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI