Thread: Sold my Car, What Steps do I take to get the Purchaser my EFILive hardware/software?

Default Sold my Car, What Steps do I take to get the Purchaser my EFILive hardware/software?

It has been some years since I have actively tuned any of my cars. My 98 Camaro Track Car is now sold to a friend in Washington State. It has a 402 LS2 and had extensive tuning. I think I was on version 35 of the tune when I sold the car. My friend has refreshed the motor, added a new cam, redone the heads and gone to a FAST intake. So obviously he needs to tune the car.

I recently traded my C6Z (still in extended warranty) for a new 16Z so likely won't be doing any tuning for a while given the warranty. What steps would my friend have to do to take over my equipment, hardware (V1 and V2) and software and licenses. I have a commercial license for the 98/99 FBodies and a single vin license for a long gone 2001 Z06. He is only interested in what I have for the 98 plus would add licenses for his 2013 Suburban and his 2015 ATS-V. I would like to do the transfer in accordance with whatever procedures Blackie has set up so the new owner can continue to get updates and essentially transfer my account into his name.

BTW, I think I have the sole 98 PCM with RR software that Craig Moates made. He did a prototype and decided the 98 PCM was to hard to work with and being a single year design decided not to market them. I bought his prototype years ago. It is still sitting unused in a box. Given the advantages of online tuning I would pass that on to my Friend also.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Perry
    Perry
    1993 Corvette 40th Anniversary Roadster, 383, ZF6, Fikse's
    1993 Camaro 383, A4
    2008 C6 Z06
    2000 Silverado Pickemup
    1998 Camaro 1LE with LS2 402 is sold

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

You don't need to do anything other than hand the FlashScan to you friend. Your friend can then use it as if he had purchased it himself. If you want us to change the ownership details of the FlashScan device (in our database) from you to your friend, then send me an email with the FlashScan details including the serial number and auth-code, your contact details and your friend's contact details and I'll change over the info in our database.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Pual,

Thank you! As always you are a class act and make working with you a continual pleasure.

Be well.

Perry
    Perry
    1993 Corvette 40th Anniversary Roadster, 383, ZF6, Fikse's
    1993 Camaro 383, A4
    2008 C6 Z06
    2000 Silverado Pickemup
    1998 Camaro 1LE with LS2 402 is sold