Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

Anything special we need to know about the new security on the 2017 GM? Other software is charging triple for license and takes 2-3 days to get a unlock code. Thanks

Yes E92 ECU. I tried multiple times. Then flashed stock back in. Still no gauge-fans on. Full flashed it stock and moded, now fans shut off properly and heat gauge works.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    That is very strange, this is an E92 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Anything special we need to know about the new security on the 2017 GM? Other software is charging triple for license and takes 2-3 days to get a unlock code. Thanks
    There is documentation on how the Auth-Code system works (Help > Documents > Controller Authorization), but the short version is when you attempt to read a 2017 ECM for the first time it will initially fail, but when it does you get an Auth-Code. You go to the store and order a 'Controller Authorization Code' (currently $50 US). Depending on the time of day (eg, during NZ & Australian business hours) you'll be sent back another Auth-Code that will unlock your ECM for reading and flashing.
    These are manually processed orders so there is some delay because someone has to be actually here working to generate the code, but if we are here you'll typically get a code within 30 mins of submitting the order if we see if come through the store.
    It is a one off code that will only work on the ECM you submitted the Auth-Code for.

Currently the only controller that cannot be tuned AT ALL even with these new Auth-Codes is the 2017+ T87A 8 speed TCM. That is locked down even further than the ECM's and we have no solution for that controller at the moment.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; November 2nd, 2016 at 09:19 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 540sscamaro View Post
    Yes E92 ECU. I tried multiple times. Then flashed stock back in. Still no gauge-fans on. Full flashed it stock and moded, now fans shut off properly and heat gauge works.
    It actually sounds like the Flash didn't complete correctly on the cal flash which is why the Fans defaulted to on and the gauges stopped working. But there is many checks before, during and after a flash to make sure that doesn't happen. I assume it appeared to flash ok when you did the cal flash ?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It worked correctly when i full flashed it. But i didnt try another cal flash. I have a couple more coming in shortly. I will see if they do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It actually sounds like the Flash didn't complete correctly on the cal flash which is why the Fans defaulted to on and the gauges stopped working. But there is many checks before, during and after a flash to make sure that doesn't happen. I assume it appeared to flash ok when you did the cal flash ?

Quote Originally Posted by 540sscamaro View Post
    It worked correctly when i full flashed it. But i didnt try another cal flash. I have a couple more coming in shortly. I will see if they do the same.
    Ok thanks, please let us know how they go. There hasn't been any similar issues reported by others that I am aware of on any E92's (including the new 2017 changes).

Cheers,
    Ross

Can we get the VVE maps back for the E83b calibrations? I mentioned it in the last beta. it'll just save me having to mess around using an older cal file when the support was there. :-)

Problem is we used to configure the E83 with another controller (E78 from memory), we then split the two ECM's and must have lost the VVE addresses for all E83's, I don't recall exactly. I know it is a pain for you but you are the ONLY person asking about it, unfortunately with the flood of 2016 OS's which we are still getting through and new 2017 OS's everyone is waiting on support for I can't see the three or four days needed to get the E83 sorted will happen in the time frame you are hoping for.

Oh it's not a big deal. I just figured it would be possible to just copy the config data out of the old cal file and add it in or merge with the latest one?

I thought you sold the Cruze for the Colorado?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast