Thread: 03 Turbo SS Tune

Default 03 Turbo SS Tune

COS3 Tune_0014.ctz
    Guys would anybody care to look at the attached? Truck was previously spot on before we made a few changes..Truck has an on3 Kit 78mm
    1) Switched from Edelbrock Proflow back to a TBSS intake
    2) Had the heads hand ported
    3) installed 220/226 114 Lingenfelter Cam
    4) Switched over to Deka 80's
    I've used the David Steck File for the data on the 80's. Up'd my idle speed and bumped up the Base airflow and adjusted the timing in the idle sections. Truck idles fine. two things ive noticed is when im coming to a stop the truck immediatly wants to die and most of the time does.. Also when i start getting into boost the truck acts like its leaning out and starts to detect some knock. I havent laid into it yet and my new WB should be in this afternoon. Could low vacuum be causing the truck to stall out at low speeds? i loged the other day and it was around 40 and i could have read somewhere that it needed to be around 66 at idle.. Ive went through no leaks and everything is in mechanical order.. Just curious if anybody wanted to look and maybe point me in the right direction.. Thanks and have a good day.
    Bryan

People will look, someone will have a good comment.

Question: how did you arrive at the values in A0014 IAT VE Multiplier...? Where is IAT sensor located...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    People will look, someone will have a good comment.

Question: how did you arrive at the values in A0014 IAT VE Multiplier...? Where is IAT sensor located...?
    Thanks for taking a look Joecar... I have never touched this part of the tune, its been like that from day one from the tuner. My IAT is between the Blowoff and the TB about 6" from the intake.

Lifetime Member

Do you have a log of this happening?
    00 Silverado Z71, LQ9 w/ LS3 heads, BTR cam, Whipple 2.9@8#, 4l80E

Quote Originally Posted by LastCall View Post
    Do you have a log of this happening?
    Sorry would have replied sooner but my work CPU is the only way for me to look at the forum since i cant remember my password.. Anyways here's a few logs from this morning headed in..COS3 Tune_0017.ctzdrive to work.efiWarm Up.efiCOS3 Tune_0017.ctzdrive to work.efiWarm Up.efi
    I tried to add a few degrees of timing in the new tune to see if that would help.. Starting to feel like im over thinking this. Anyways thanks for looking.. truck ran flawless before the cam,heads,injectors and intake swap.. 12.4 @114 on 12#'s
    Bryan

Lifetime Member

(Use your work PC to change the password on your account.)

Have you looked at your RAFIG for the decel dying?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    (Use your work PC to change the password on your account.)

Have you looked at your RAFIG for the decel dying?
    No i have not. Ive been reading all day about idle tuning and will start from scratch tonight.. My trucks been apart for a year now and have lost touch with basic tuning principles.. with that said im learning all over again.. Im worried my injector data is off more than anything, that'll pretty much make all my efforts non irrelevant right?

Lifetime Member

Edit - I didn't see the new tune and logs you posted. Please disregard my earlier post.

As others have said, I would do a RAFIG and RAFPN to get your base idle airflow set up. Then take a look at the throttle cracker.

If you want 23 degrees of timing at idle, you may want to carry out your idle spark in the lower rpm/higher load areas (800 rpm and below). Your timing drops off as it dies. Also, pulse width is jumping up from 2.2 to 3.6ms right before it dies.
    Last edited by LastCall; November 1st, 2016 at 06:36 PM.
    00 Silverado Z71, LQ9 w/ LS3 heads, BTR cam, Whipple 2.9@8#, 4l80E

Quote Originally Posted by LastCall View Post
    Edit - I didn't see the new tune and logs you posted. Please disregard my earlier post.

As others have said, I would do a RAFIG and RAFPN to get your base idle airflow set up. Then take a look at the throttle cracker.

If you want 23 degrees of timing at idle, you may want to carry out your idle spark in the lower rpm/higher load areas (800 rpm and below). Your timing drops off as it dies. Also, pulse width is jumping up from 2.2 to 3.6ms right before it dies.
    Thanks i'll take a look at that this afternoon..I've done the RAF procedures twice and coming with the same results on both scans. Also my IAC steps stay at 310 and dont seem to want to drop.. Could this be something to do with the X-Link? I have a feeling my data is not correct on the injectors. That'll be my next hurdle.. Also i dropped my timing to stock just to see if i could get the knock out once i started reaching boost.. For some reason i'm not getting fueling..I've played with the PE trying to get it to come in quicker.. If i ease into the throttle it'll wind up but still leans out.. If i mash the gas it almost immediatly hits a wall around 3500 and starts with the knock.. My 340LPH should supply enough fuel for the 80's.. Thanks for all the input! i'll get it...