Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LS1B manual 7psi with 1000cc Bosch injectors Base Tune needed please

Cool LS1B manual 7psi with 1000cc Bosch injectors Base Tune needed please

Hi Guys
    I have 2003 LS1 (241 heads) completely stock internals, 6 speed manual, Garrett GT42R Turbo, 7psi of boost
    I had it running with stock injectors (was lean off boost but 10:1 on boost) but ran out of duty cycle (aprox 3000rpm and 2.5psi) so i have upgraded to Bosch ID1000 injectors ( i used the plug and play data from here.... http://injectordynamics.com/wp-conte...-3-29-2011.xls)
    I changed the injector settings and now it idles at 11:1 and when you touch the throttle it goes lean upto 17:1 and is hard to start.

There isn't any point attaching my current tune as i have now butchered it and it also has cold idle issues for the last 4 years (just after starting cold it would flair between 1000rpm to 350rpm for 30sec then after 2min of driving it would do the same then be all good until the next cold start, i initially thought it was the IAC but a new IAC does the same thing)

What i need is a base tune that i can work from to get me going, currently the car is not driveable as it is too lean and hard to start, i have a big event i need to get the car to on Sunday and it's also my daily atm.
    Can anyone help me out, i can turn VATS off and make other adjustments to suit my engine conversion as required, just need something in the ballpark.

Fuel pressure is manifold referenced and is set at 58psi @ atmosphere
    car idles at 18-20" mercury

Hope this is enough information to get a newby going... Thanks in advance

You plugged in all of ID's injector data...?

Did you make the IFR table flat (since your FPR is MAP referenced)...?

Did you correct VE and MAF...?

Looks like the id plug and play data is wrong for my injectors, i will attach the revised current tune and log of me driving to the end of the street to see what your thoughs are. will attach shortly

More detailed summary of issues

I have been running my Ls1 as mafless tune (Efilive) for 4 years in a HQ Holden, recently I fitted a Garrett GT42r turbo, Turbosmart 50mm Racegate, Turbosmart 50mm Raceport, intercooler etc and had it running on std injectors but was hitting 95% duty cycle and was unable to rev or boost correctly (max 3000rpm 2.5psi then hit a wall).

I purchased some Bosch EV Hi flowed injectors (550cc base, Hi flowed to 1000cc), I used to plug and play data from Injector Dynamics for the ID1000.

The fuel pressure is manifold referenced (Turbosmart 1:1 fuel reg) 58psi at atmosphere, max boost is 7psi, idle vac is 18-20” mercury.

Engine is from a VY Tonner, 2003 LS1, 6 speed manual, completely stock internals, standard VY Harness and VY PCM (Efilive Custom OS)

It has LSA headers reversed, VS Commodore fuel tank with internal Walbro GS550 pump, standard fuel rails, return to tank from from the reg.

Now I have two issues

1. Using the Injector Dynamics settings for Efilive the car idles at 10.8:1 AFR, as soon as you touch the throttle it starts going lean very quickly, up to 18.5:1 and is obviously undrivable

2. The car has cold idle issues that have been there the whole time but are now much more pronounced
    About 30sec after initial cold start up the idles fluctuates up to 1000rpm and down to 350rpm for approx. 30sec, then comes good, then after about 1-2 minutes of driving it does the same for another 30sec, once this has happened the engine idles perfectly until the next cold start, I have noticed in the logs that the timing goes to 0deg then back to its setting during this fluctuation which seems to be the cause but I can’t work out why.
    I initially thought IAC but changed it and idle stayed the same.

I do need it running for the annual HQ Holden run on Sunday haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hqgts4 View Post
    ID1000 injectors ( i used the plug and play data from here.... ID1000-GM-Characterization-Tables-EFI-Live-3-29-2011.xls)
    Some of your injector tables/parameters do not match the ID data:
    - B3701
    - B4003
    - B4004
    - B4005

Also, unrelated, but take note:

B3609: set this to 0.010s.
    B3647: stoich cells will do STFT trimming, so if you're tuning this will trim ahead of you.

Thanks I'll take a look shortly

Will it nock my ve table out if i have a referenced fpr

Quote Originally Posted by Hqgts4 View Post
    Will it nock my ve table out if i have a referenced fpr
    No... but you have to edit the IFR to be flat (because the MAP-referenced FPR keeps constant pressure across any injector, i.e. MAP cancels out above/below), which you have done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast