Thread: Duramax stays running when key is out

Default Duramax stays running when key is out

Hi I have an 07.5 lmm and just installed the DSP 5 switch and custom operating system.
    Some strange things have happened since I did this.
    When I turn the key off with the doors closed the gauge cluster shuts down but the motor continues to run. If I open the door the motor will shut down immediately. The key in chime will sometimes go off until I turn the ignition back on while the door is open and the key is out of the ignition.

I installed the DSP5 operating system and did a fuel filter head rebuild with new orings. I also installed a new set of headlight housings. I spliced into the headlight wire to hook up the LED portion of the new housings. I don't believe this would have any effect on the truck still running though.

I have already tried putting the stock operating system back in and reinstalling the DSP 5 operating system with the same results.

Does anyone have any ideas or had a similar problem? I read of a few people that this happened to but with no resolution to there problem.

It is related to the retained accessory power system but how?
    What is the shutdown procedure for the duramax? The key turns off and the ECM tells the injectors to stop firing? or is there an air or fuel shutoff solenoid?

Thank you for any help.

Robert

Turns out a wire in the small black distribution panel under the drivers dash was touching another pin on the board. It was causing the RAP to activate the run circuit.

Just in case anyone else has this problem.