Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost, but not quite there...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike :)
    Quick question. On a VX II using efilive 4, should the Airbag caution flash when I am logging data?
    In order to maximise bandwidth on the ALDL data line, EFILive suspends other module's normal communication with the PCM. That causes those modules to request the instrument panel to illuminate their respective warning lamps. All it means is that the module has not been able to communicate with the PCM for some time. Once EFILive stops logging, or is disconnected, normal module communications is resumed. At that point, the modules will request that the instrument panel extinguish the various warning lamps.

Note: the factory scan tool (i.e. Tech 1) usually "simulates" the communications of the suspended modules to prevent warning lamp illumination. EFILive does not do that, instead it uses the full bus bandwidth for high speed logging.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks

to convert it to LPG it needs to be reflashed with the correct software, its a completely different calibration.
    needs to be done with a tech2

Rob

I take it there is no way of doing it without a Tech 2 ?

you could take the flash chip off & reprogram it with an lpg calibration, messy but effective.lol
    what area are you in?
    rob

Back from holidays, and having another look at the car

The holden VX II seems to have a quite different pcm. It seems to use the 28F010 chip. It would be SO NICE if it had ICSP (in circuit programming ability)

Does anyone have any experience with this PCM. Can it be reflashed through the aldl connector?
    Seems the only reason Holden would use a flashable chip is - well so it would be easy to reflash it. I wonder if they put the pins on the aldl to reflash it.
    Would be nice.

- Dr Bob, I am on the Gold Coast.

Do you have a file that I could flash to the 28F010 so it could run on LPG? -
    I have a willen eprom programmer, but I'm not so keen on taking the chip out if I have to unsolder it. - they never seen to work the same.

I know I could just have it all done for me, but I like learning about all sorts of things. That is why I made my own PCB for my aldl link. - To much time - perhaps.

Here is my ALDL link info.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

the PCM can be programmed to LPG by any dealer with TECH2 through the diagnostic connector, ill have a look & see if i have an LPG bin here for you.

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12