Thread: racetronix harness

Default racetronix harness

im running 1 bar boost on a 99 c5 with deka 60 lbs injectors and the lingenferter pump, that came with the centri kit (i believe some incarnation of the walbro 255). as fp is dropping from 67 psi at idle to 48 psi i installed a the racetronix harness. i cut out the bap connector shortening the thin wire to a minimum and ran an additional 10 mm2 ground to the battery. the effect is zero. the honeywell sensor logged 1.77v before and im logging 1.77v now. although the pump apparently only pulls around 10 amps this is contrary to my previous experience and to what would be expected.

any thoughts on that?

(otherwise everything is stock, returnless system, filter/regulator new.)

Do you have a way to meaurure the voltage drop between FP relay and FP itself (i.e. using long DMM test leads)...?

well, the fuel pump is in the tank and is fed by those small teflon wires and i have always suspected the bottleneck was there but i see no way of measuring that and besides i swore to myself i would only logg stuff because its dangenous enough to make wot passes without looking at some gauge already. even to logg the voltage at the relay i would have to come up with a voltage divider to feed the 5v input introducing another unknown. regardless of power consumption of the pump it should be getting a somewhat higher voltage now, implying the loss is betwee regulator and injectors but how could that be 19 psi?