Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Help creating calc.PID's for AEM 30-0300

Just for clarification, this will allow the calc.VET process to work properly with my current PID list? Or will I need to change it some..

Quote Originally Posted by chambiec1 View Post
    Just for clarification, this will allow the calc.VET process to work properly with my current PID list? Or will I need to change it some..
    Yes, correct, this calc_pids.txt allows you to do the Calc.VET process with your current pid list.

Please post a new log so I can sanity check it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Yes, correct, this calc_pids.txt allows you to do the Calc.VET process with your current pid list.

Please post a new log so I can sanity check it.
    Will do when I get a chance to run one.. appreciate your help.

Hey Joe.. here's the latest log, and a screen shot of B0101 after applying the new cell values.

The values themselves look much better... still some peaks and valleys, but I imagine a few more logs and some smoothing will take care of them. I'm going to do some smoothing and blending, and a few more logs and see where it ends up.

Let me know if you see anything that seems out of place!

calc.vet3.efi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calc.vet2.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	791.0 KB 
ID:	20479
    Last edited by chambiec1; November 29th, 2016 at 10:50 AM.

Another log, and some more smoothing of the VE table... getting rid of some of the extreme peaks and valleys...

calc.vet4.efi

Name:	VEtable.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	20481

Maybe you could give me a little insight into my timing.. the last log (calc.vet4) I also monitored my spark adv, just to keep an eye on it.

Seems pretty erratic to me... since I am not running cats, should I zero out b5901 and b5902 to get rid of any correction from those two tables?

Another log, and some more smoothing of the VE table... getting rid of some of the extreme peaks and valleys...

calc.vet4.efi

Name:	VEtable.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	20481
    That's looking pretty good.

Maybe you could give me a little insight into my timing.. the last log (calc.vet4) I also monitored my spark adv, just to keep an eye on it.

Seems pretty erratic to me... since I am not running cats, should I zero out b5901 and b5902 to get rid of any correction from those two tables?
    Ok, I'll take a look at it.

Also post .ctz file and calc_pids.txt file (makes it easier for me to view logs...)

( I have a number of different people running LS1B vs E38 vs E92, and running 1 or 2 wb's and running LTFT's or not... I group each person's stuff in their own folder, and I create a Windows symbolic link (Windows shortcut doesn't work) to their calc_pids.txt file ).

Ok, I'll take a look at it.

Also post .ctz file and calc_pids.txt file (makes it easier for me to view logs...)

( I have a number of different people running LS1B vs E38 vs E92, and running 1 or 2 wb's and running LTFT's or not... I group each person's stuff in their own folder, and I create a Windows symbolic link (Windows shortcut doesn't work) to their calc_pids.txt file ).
    The calc_pid.txt is the list you made for me a few posts above... I haven't changed anything since.

calc_pids.txt

Here's the latest tune file, which I loaded after the last round of calc.vet (post #35 above). Just for clarification, I am running catless, front NDo2's are in place, rears are deleted, running the aem 30-0300 in place in the rear of the y-pipe. Truck is running well since the last log and tune... besides a slight issues of hunting for idle when pulling into a parking spot, and a slight surge when you let off the brake and start rolling (off throttle).
    Since I've changed the VE table, I'm going to do another round of RAFPN and RAFIG in the morning, to see what airflow changes are needed for the fueling changes. I've also got to see whats causing such erratic correction throughout my timing curve.. although I'm not seeing any KR, during a long pull (30-100% throttle) you can feel a few dead spots where it feels like timing is being pulled. Best I can tell, its still roughly the stock timing tables, with a little bit of an increase in the low RPM ranges.

calc.VET.ctz

Really appreciate you taking the time to help.

-Casey

Casey,

In that thread, see post #11, copy the calc_pids.txt file that is attached there

post #11

So these will work for the 30-0300?
    Doing my best to fix what ain't broke!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast