Thread: E80 1.5L LFV Dyno controller

Default E80 1.5L LFV Dyno controller

I am starting to look into using an E80 contoller on the new 1.5L turbo LFV on an engine dyno. I have a controller powered up on a bench and will be trying to communicate with it later today.

One of my concerns is the TCM communication. I'm not entirely sure if I will have to spoof these signals, if I can ignore them and it wont be a problem, or if there is something I can change in the OS/Cal to make this work properly.

I looked through the stickies and some of the posts in this forum, but it looks like most of the controllers that people are using are older, so may not run in to these issues. Has anyone been successful with an E80?

Thanks,

Lifetime Member

Not sure for this particular controller, however if it does weird things like put you always on a 4000rpm rev limiter, you might have to run a manual OS (if possible) or disable the trans component. To spoof the CAN comms, might have to put a resistor inline.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

What would the best way to disable the transmission component be?

There is no manual option for this (2016 Chevrolet Malibu LFV), but I am wondering if the 2016 Cruze with the LE2 has an OS that would work. I don't know where I would find one that I could download the cal from though.

Erik is right, if you can find a manual trans version as the base tune you will save yourself a lot of grief.

Edit: I posted the same time as you. There isn't really a 'auto / manual' switch, there is hundreds (maybe thousands) of underlying calibrations that change depending on the trans type.
    Is there any other vehicle using that engine that ran a manual trans? An Opel maybe?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I guess I will begin the hunt for a 2016 Cruze manual 1.4T.

I have an automatic cal and it looks like all the table assignments are the same, so that might be a good option.

How different is the 1.4L (LE2) and 1.5L (LFV) as far as what you are trying to test?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    How different is the 1.4L (LE2) and 1.5L (LFV) as far as what you are trying to test?
    They're both SGEs on E80s, so control wise I think they're very similar. The cal for the automatic LE2 looks very similar to the LFV, even the injector sizing is the same.

I have hardware that I want to test that is specifically designed for the 1.5L already, so I am constrained by that, unfortunately. If it we're earlier on in the program, the 1.4L may have been a better choice just because of the availability of a manual trans...