Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: LML wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Most of my tuning is always a model behind, for example I tune more E38's than anything right now, then LS1 pcm's and then E92's. Since we just tune and dont build vehicles we rarely tune a bunch of the newest platform out there. I have only received 2 or 4 calls about tuning E80, E82 and E84 put together.
    And that is the point that is sometimes hard to get across for us, what seems lacking for your own situation is ideal for what others are doing. I don't think for a minute the LS1 PCM is obsolete, especially in the conversion world, but from a survival situation there is no incentive for a company as small as us to dedicate time to it now. At some point all things fade away, there would still be people doing the old small block TPI engines but it isn't what it was back in their hey day.

I know some people have made alot of money with autocals but I have a very hard time selling them without a wideband hookup. I started adding the plug to them BUT then the cost almost equals someone buying hpt and most of the time thats what they do.
    Yes I suppose it comes down to volumes and what the market will wear. This was also one of the reasons we changed the Autocal VIN license limit, it allows you to use the Autocal as a tune delivery device and have the customer return the Autocal if they don't want to keep it, that way you don't have to pass the hardware costs on to the customer (I am assuming a remote customer here).
    Yes not having the WBO2 input on the AC's is not an ideal situation when tuning remotely, but at the time we probably pictured more the Diesel customer who was used to either buying another ECM ($600+) or sending their ECM off to a select few tuners at the time. So an Autocal at $350ea was a game changer for mail order tuners, whereas the gas guys seemed a lot more DIY or a shop.

I think you almost need to stick to one software. Its hard to flip flop between different softwares and even harder to switch between vehicle brands and differnt software. Thats one advantage hpt has I think is the layout is the same for everything making it easier to switch if you have to vs learning efi, sct, and diablo, hpt covers the same as all three.
    I can appreciate that being an issue, I don't know how a lot of the Euro tuners jump between software platforms all the time.

Years ago there were alot of us with efi only, now I dont know anyone with just efi. Thats just my personal experience and opinions based on how I use efi, I know a diesel only tuner or maybe even a big shop would post something completely different.
    For gas I would agree, but as I mentioned earlier we never had the vision to cover the big three US manufacturers. Unfortunately many people view that as we dropped the ball or let them down
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I agree, even the V2 is way better then the hpt interface. Hpt years ago had a hand held at sema but it never came out. I know some people have made alot of money with autocals but I have a very hard time selling them without a wideband hookup. I started adding the plug to them BUT then the cost almost equals someone buying hpt and most of the time thats what they do. Thats just my personal experience with them, like I said I know some people sell them like crazy.
    I can imagine so, especially by the time you spend even 30min on each AutoCal modifying it, any profit on the hardware is gone. Fortunately, now there is an option once AEM releases their 30-0334 wideband. The WBO2 will be delivering data via the OBDII port. It's pretty friggin sweet (I have 2 of their 30-0333 units, getting sent out to get the EFILive compatible firmware), and the WBO2 costs about $200-225 so it's priced comparably to Innovate/etc.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

LML wish list:
    Minimum vane position table.
    Glow plug timer control.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

LML
    Tables to fully control turbo
    Tables that fully control tranny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap... I suppose i should log in more often. Let me address a couple of things and also open some minds.

I started doing all of this not knowing a thing and having no money. I didnt have even the money at the time to do the V2 buy in.... Which i understand is in part why fish is gone.. but i wouldnt be here and order 100s of thousands in autocals a month now without the little help in the beginning. I started with nothing.

When there was originally no LML support, we pushed.. we got it done and then thankfully EFI stepped up and allowed us to flash through their software. They then later offered mapping support as well. 100% grateful... but going in to say - these freakin new controllers are VERY difficult to find tables in. I many times work 18+ hours a day trying to just find 1 table. Yea, its that difficult and requires the work to be put in to make it happen... You cant expect Ross to do this every day on the same controller... Hell, the hex address im going to GIVE away in this post will give you total turbo control alone (Ross can add it in later on)... Is it the best way? Not sure, but guess what - it works... and that is something many "tuners" need to learn these days is you can manipulate whatever tables to do things they were not originally designed to do to accomplish your goal. Hell, 1/2 the things i see being requested in here i can do in efilive with ZERO cax or hexwork. If there is something you want added they dont have, start studying the heck out of 2D curves and go to work. thats what I did. I didnt want to wait or have to depend on anyone - OR put all my eggs in 1 basket.. I learned. I'm a 28yr old "Kid" as many say and one of the youngest tuners in the game... There is no excuse for anyone to not be able to make this work as they wish.

EZLYNK - I'll touch on that since we are in the open. The picture that was posted showing to be byte for byte - was indeed NOT a picture taken from ezlynk... who knows what it was taken from - but it didnt match. Ezlynk shared 0% the same source code or data of the Derive stuff as the future results will show. ZERO%. My best friend has worked his tail off on that product and im not here to discuss it, but to throw around a frivolous lawsuit like its fun and games in here isnt too cool when i have watched Brad literally be in tears of exhaustion developing this product the last 3 years. The judge actually stated as well to actually have evidence before bringing the case back in. The TRO was dismissed, there is ZERO % the same... the evidence that was there honestly couldnt even be used because they didnt know where it even came from. PPEI got bundled into the suit simply because we resold the product. Very silly.

EFILIVE - I still sill tons of EFI and i have zero intentions to stop selling EFILIVE. I have a great respect for EFI, Ross, Cindy, Paul, and the whole crew... we have all made each other great finances and have also had (AND STILL HAVE) a great relationship. My loyalty to EFI is still there.. just because you offer more than 1 platform to get things done - does not make you unloyal" by any means. I know Brad has also reached out a few times to EFI to even maybe work with them a little... So there is ZERO bad blood on the EZ vs. EFI - and i want everyone to know that.

LML SOTF - You can do it - it will require additional work to make it solid... Earn it.

Allison Pressure - It is not a easy one to figure out.. Instead of harassing Ross on it... start doing some digging on how the stuff works and give him a hand on it.

-------

Now, since we are here... here is my wishlist:

- Mass script function that works to OS (In the works and i cant wait)
    - Lawsuits filed against those infringing all of our hard work by hacking EFI.
    - A "DO NOT SELL/BAD TUNER" list for people that get caught stealing stuff.
    - People to be more open minded and speak respectful to EFI in general... If only ya'll knew how hard it was to define the maps they do - and do it with such simplicity for us to understand.

This isnt a jab at ANYONE... but just doing google search and my name pops up on this - so read it all.

12660477 - Turbo Control
    ; Address(es) BitOff Bits Typ Inv
    ; -------------------------------- ------ ---- --- ---
    ADDR = 3FE14E 0 16 SNM 0
    ;
    ; Units Factor Offset Prec MinLimit MaxLimit MinUser MaxUser
    ; -------- -------------- -------------- ---- -------------- -------------- -------------- --------------
    SI_SLOT = % 0.01220703125 0 4 -1000 8000 -1000 8000
    ;
    ; Units Factor Offset Prec MinLimit MaxLimit MinUser MaxUser
    ; -------- -------------- -------------- ---- -------------- -------------- -------------- --------------
    IM_SLOT = % 0.01220703125 0 4 -1000 8000 -1000 8000

String search and will line up to all other OS.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    Who is EZ Lynk anyway...

It's a company based in a tax haven, with no names other than 'EZ Lynk', whose address goes to a Hyundai dealership... Which is probably false. Hmmmmmmmm....

edit: So apparently said dealership does 'own' EZ Lynk. I just can't quite wrap my head around it though... What makes them so special? Why now? Flashing a vehicle isn't exactly something a bunch of techs at a dealership can figure out.
    Oh - and just to state..

- Ezlynk was created in Cayman due to their simplicity in dealing international and also tax benefits. There are also actually many names - that is just the one you see.
    - EZLYNK has a physical location with over 60 employees. I recommend you take a vist next time you go, its right next to harbor. You will have a new found respect.
    - The location is owned by a special economic zone that allows for multiple transactions. There are about 20 buildings there.. Some office and some warehouse.. some both.
    -The patent of being cloud based is what makes it special.
    - I own real estate there - so that is my brief understanding of how Cayman works.

I wont talk any more about this stuff in EFI Forum... however, too many just talking out the mouth not knowing anything is getting old - blows my mind people express their intelligence so ignorantly.
    Last edited by Dmaxink; December 1st, 2016 at 09:59 AM.
    -Kory

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    People to be more open minded and speak respectful to EFI in general... If only ya'll knew how hard it was to define the maps they do - and do it with such simplicity for us to understand.
    Thanks Kory, but it is water off a ducks back when people constantly criticise EFILive (and they do), I accept that not many people actually grasp that you really can spend 12hrs just finding one table only to be met with more complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    blows my mind people express their intelligence so ignorantly.
    Welcome to the Internet
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Thanks Kory, but it is water off a ducks back when people constantly criticise EFILive (and they do), I accept that not many people actually grasp that you really can spend 12hrs just finding one table only to be met with more complaints.

Welcome to the Internet
    Ross,

Sorry for my little rants here... but before people start trying to make it a EFI vs. EZ war.. they need to understand that isnt what this is - and as long as im involved with tuning it wont be.

12hrs at finding 1 table is true.. i took a week vacation to find a stupid minimum actuator bit back in 2013 to make the VGT hit a minimum limit of 40%. I actually melted that sensor while it was on the truck.. literally was smoking like crazy because i threw the voltage at it on accident. 1 stupid bit.. took me a week. Then i just share a nice, functioning sensor interpretation- free. Maybe I need to question my own sanity. lol!
    -Kory

"Oh hey thanks Justin for making that Cruze work"

Seriously, I am pretty sure that was the biggest waste of my life ever... Literally hundreds of hours, which may be an understatement, and there is still stuff that doesn't work as nice as it should. Kind of wish I was around five years ago... Could be in on that LML market. Sadly not the case....

Anyway forgive me for questioning what EZ Lynk is. It's not like I can just go on Wikipedia and find the history of EZ Lynk, so I asked a question on the forums, and I got an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    "Oh hey thanks Justin for making that Cruze work"

Seriously, I am pretty sure that was the biggest waste of my life ever... Literally hundreds of hours, which may be an understatement, and there is still stuff that doesn't work as nice as it should. Kind of wish I was around five years ago... Could be in on that LML market. Sadly not the case....

Anyway forgive me for questioning what EZ Lynk is. It's not like I can just go on Wikipedia and find the history of EZ Lynk, so I asked a question on the forums, and I got an answer.
    No Issue!
    -Kory

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast