Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LML wishlist

Ross one if the most important points I believe Tony is trying to make as well as what I was trying to make is that parts of your existing support doesn't go far enough. I think we both, along with many other people just want to know are you going revisit the noted issues? If not it allows us to give direct answers to customers. That will most likely cost us business if somewhere else they can get more if what they want. I think that for the most part the EFI Live family is still loyal and would like to keep it that way. Each previous year Duramax had sufficient parameters. The LML lacks enough that it gets noticed by the guys tuning them. Some of use are just speaking up and hoping that you will take notice and look into it deeper. It probably dies rub some of us a little more than others since EFI Live was a GM specific alternative in the beginning and some feel that it's suffering from the Cummings rave right now. I just trying myself to relate feelings. I'm not trying to make any jabs toward any one here. If the LP5 won't be able to be tuned then the LML may be the last great GM diesel platform and is becoming more popular because of advances in tuning capabilities. That's why some feel that it deserves everything that it can get out if your software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is EZ Lynk anyway...

It's a company based in a tax haven, with no names other than 'EZ Lynk', whose address goes to a Hyundai dealership... Which is probably false. Hmmmmmmmm....

edit: So apparently said dealership does 'own' EZ Lynk. I just can't quite wrap my head around it though... What makes them so special? Why now? Flashing a vehicle isn't exactly something a bunch of techs at a dealership can figure out.
    Last edited by Snipesy; November 25th, 2016 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    Who is EZ Lynk anyway...

It's a company based in a tax haven, with no names other than 'EZ Lynk', whose address goes to a Hyundai dealership... Which is probably false. Hmmmmmmmm....

edit: So apparently said dealership does 'own' EZ Lynk. I just can't quite wrap my head around it though... What makes them so special? Why now? Flashing a vehicle isn't exactly something a bunch of techs at a dealership can figure out.
    Best I can gather - a restructured H&S:
    https://www.unitedstatescourts.org/federal/utd/102482/
    (click on green folder within)

Bad bad boys. The last pages of the thing with pictures of the bootloader with matching hex is laughable.

copyright - Copy.pdfThestory - Copy.pdf

Bentley hugie, his brother, Thomas wood etc.

Others were also involved to some degree. They are named in the filings, and also were calling around getting people to become dealers for months. Must have some financial involvement.

Read the docs. There are also ties to a company in Canada which is also a front for someone. its whoever came up with their LML sensor shenanigans.

The way I see it EFI Live is still selling just as many license and Autocal etc. They give us the tools to do what we need just have to provide your own files to do it. Pretty much going to be that way with any software provider in the future. Way I see it EZ was setup by experienced tuner and engineering to protect them from USA regulation. As Ross stated you don't need EZ to offer switchable tuning you can do it the same way they are doing it with Efi. I have too been receiving request to offer it and have stepped up my game and can do it without EZ. You can check out my progress on it at my Facebook page. As far as Allison line pressure I am not buying in on all the hype. I personally think line pressure is controlled in many different ways on the Allison. And would be more of a convenient kinda like airflow vs load on the new generation gas type ecm's

Hmm... So H&S is back, and gets sued immediately. *slow clap* didn't event need the EPA for that.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The instructions say 'unplug the Fuel Temp sensor, fit the switch in its place', the DSP switches are nothing more than resistors.
    I guess they managed to manipulate different modes in the ECM based on fuel temp, just speculation but to me that makes logical sense.

How do you know as an overall or do you mean just LML? Just because there is more options for LML doesn't mean everything has fallen apart around us, we do more than LML!.

I think we should just quit this discussion Tony, you said you've already invested in EZ so you can offer LML switchable tuning, we aren't going to do it, never said we could, never said we would. When we put out CSP and EDA for Cummins none of the other companies doing Cummins tuning tried to match that, sometimes you just have to pick your battles I suppose.
    So what more can I say, hopefully EZ LML works out for you.
    None of this is really about SOTF, it was about the lack of tables still in LML ECM and TCM and when it may be revisited, the EZ-Lynk SOTF is just the newest thing driving sales away from EFI.

Much to my dismay and yours I am sure is that the market is being eroded for EFI-Live sales, yours, mine and anyone else who has supported EFI-Live since day 1 on the diesel side.

I know you probably don't hold me in high esteem, I am a big boy, I have been around and can surely hold my own, and again, you took it way too personal, I wanted answers to valid questions, you took it as a stab and jab, you threw a shot, I responded, its over, it again was never a personal issue, just a business asking another business where are we going, can we get any further ??

And yes, many of us will be forced to revisit these issues as we need to, we are after all adults, I just wish you could see thru to the end on some of these controllers when tuners ask you to go back and revisit them, you are far better at this than anyone currently doing the reverse mapping, so why not set aside a couple days and address some things ??

I suck at it, and even me sucking at it was able to get some progress and find a few things, and you can probably work at 1/10th your ability and still be 10 times better than I am.

So reconsider some of these requests for some of the fixes that we need on some of these controllers.

Thanks
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

On another note, if you guys want post injection timing and quantity. As well as pilot timing.

I won't make the cax cause that's too much work, but I can certainly tell you what to look for.

A feature I would like added is when making changes to a table is to be able to apply those changes to all the tables in that group of tables. I find that feature very useful in the UDC Pro software.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast