Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LML wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by MobileProg View Post
    Bad bad boys. The last pages of the thing with pictures of the bootloader with matching hex is laughable.
    I didn't want to read through the legal docs in their entirety (because they are boring legal docs), but as you said every hex byte shown matches, coincidence? Removing the BullyDog message from the .bin as they pointed out, I'm shocked if what that appears to indicate is true. Certainly can't see either party letting it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    The way I see it EFI Live is still selling just as many license and Autocal etc. They give us the tools to do what we need just have to provide your own files to do it.
    Well yes and no, we do need to be concious not all of our users can add their own mapping via .cax. But the reason that exists (and to some extent takes the pressure off us) is because some can and it allows them to do whatever they like as though they were using something like WinOLS.

As far as Allison line pressure I am not buying in on all the hype. I personally think line pressure is controlled in many different ways on the Allison.
    Yeah we have not found a traditional pressure table, that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    So reconsider some of these requests for some of the fixes that we need on some of these controllers.
    But your main point has been because of switchable tuning not in EFILive as to why LML sales are dropping (or will drop), is that now watered down to can we have some additional tables? I am reluctant to say yes because I have no idea when I could add them in, but I don't want to say no either.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    On another note, if you guys want post injection timing and quantity. As well as pilot timing.

I won't make the cax cause that's too much work, but I can certainly tell you what to look for.
    You're a good man Snipesy, hats off to you and your knowledge of the EDC17 and still willing to help people.

A feature I would like added is when making changes to a table is to be able to apply those changes to all the tables in that group of tables. I find that feature very useful in the UDC Pro software.
    I guess that is more a software enhancement rather than an ECM specific enhancement.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; November 28th, 2016 at 10:20 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

No Ross,

My point was that the competing software if they prevail, and that is still unknown what the outcome is going to be, is smart, meaning it automates many things, the biggest problem is making global changes, as ROAD stated, now a simple script can run on a single file with EFI but it has to be run on all tunes for all OS and considering that alone it's a huge time saver for tuners to have smart software that makes global changes.

Its not about my LML sales, it's about sales growth in general, you want to grow EFI LIVE, so you add controllers, you add features, but it just can not stop there, when BETA ran the way it used to you got the feedback you needed, from experienced tuners, but you put the cart before the horse and rolled out flashing before you released mapping, on LML and 4TH GEN, so the data you used to get in beta was now just a rush to get flashing and controller locking out to sell units, or at least that is how it looked to many.

Its kind of pointless now, it is all water under the bridge, but the point of this is once you move on, you move on, and you don't seem like you would like to go back and revisit anything.

It is not just on LML either, there is stuff in AL5 AND LB7 that still is not correct, and LLY has bugs as well, but it will never get addressed, we just all work around it, those of us that know the workarounds.

That is why many of us trade info, favors, whatever, because the software just does not give us all we need, so we have to get it done another way, but the stuff that is not taboo, that could be improved in or revisited is not being gone back to.

The LML pressure is a modulated value, it must reference some kind of upshift and or downshift table jump, as I was told by several builders it spikes pressure before, during, and after the shift, it also supposedly spikes at wot for a period of time regardless, that is what I have been told.

So maybe the thing you are trying to find is not what you think it is traditionally, maybe it's a scaled voltage table referenced to load or tps or shift timing, I don't know, it could be referenced to a tq value.

Point is if you disable the solenoid it runs the pressure maxxed out, so the tcm controls it.

It lowers pressure in lockup IIRC as well, so those are all clues to where or how it might be found in the code.

I know that the T87 controlled 15.5 and 16 trucks benefit from the added pressure, converters shudder or slip without it on quite a lot of these,so it does help, just like the slip inhibit on AL5 and A40 and A50, put a hurting on lockup boxes sales because you found or someone found these tables and added them.

You have the ability to improve the product and you do when you add tables and features, but if you are asked at all to go back and revisit some missing tables or fix some stuff it's not happened on a bunch of these unfortunately.

Some of us have been here since 2005 and have been 100% loyal and supportive, but many are reluctant to state certain things, at almost 48 years old, I'm not worried about saying things that need to be said, but again, none of this is personal with me towards you, which I hope you finally understand.

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Ross won't be revisiting our LML support. With the development road map we have laid out, he simply doesn't have the time in the foreseeable future.

We've discussed it internally and believe we do have the resources to revisit LML support pending some further analysis. Once our gas developer has finished with 2017 GM Gas support (scheduled for completion early in the new year) he may be in a position to review LML. He is quite familiar with the EDC17 controller, so from a capability perspective he would be a good fit.

I'll make a start on working out what we would need to do to make this happen after PRI, and most probably Christmas and provide an update early in the new year regarding the feasibility.

The mass update/scripting function was already documented on the development list for V8 software; it's simply not feasible to redevelop current systems and processes to do this.

Cheers
    Cindy

So you are saying that what we have to date is it and you think you can do something on the 2017 Duramax? Your post sounds a little confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post
    So you are saying that what we have to date is it and you think you can do something on the 2017 Duramax? Your post sounds a little confusing.

Our gas developer will not develop new vehicle support for Diesel, unless it's simply a matter of mapping a new operating system for an existing supported controller. His role would be to undertake expanding support for existing supported vehicles.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; November 29th, 2016 at 01:13 PM.

So Ross is not going to but you have another guy that when he gets time will take a look into it?

Lifetime Member

So Ross is not going to but you have another guy that when he gets time will take a look into it?

I expect that answer will be yes, but would need to complete our development review to scope what would be required first. While he has the skill, there is a bunch of other items that need to line up too - think along the lines of development tools, development formatting differences, permissions and access etc...

Cheers
    Cindy

Correct, currently he handles majority of the new gas controllers. As most of the 2017 models are done there will be some spare time early in the new year. He's already up to speed on EDC17 as Cindy said so I'll hand it all over to him.

As for the 2017 Duramax (L5P), we don't know, they aren't delivered yet but the ECM is NOT a Bosch and they cannot be ordered as spares.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Awesome thanks guys
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Be nice to see some gas support again but its a little late for most of gas tuners, we have all had to switch to hpt for anything gas newer than E38 and even on some E38 stuff because EFI doesnt have the tables. Now hpt does dodge, ford, mercedes, and gm making it seem efi will never catch back up in the gas world. I really like efi and the V2 better but I have to use hpt now alot out of necessity. How will the licensing work on the 2017 gas ecm's? Please dont think I am bashing efi because I am not, I use efi everyday and like it alot. Over time unfortunately it appears their business model and mine drifter apart some and I had to expand my tuning tools.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast