Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LML wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Ross won't be revisiting our LML support. With the development road map we have laid out, he simply doesn't have the time in the foreseeable future.

We've discussed it internally and believe we do have the resources to revisit LML support pending some further analysis. Once our gas developer has finished with 2017 GM Gas support (scheduled for completion early in the new year) he may be in a position to review LML. He is quite familiar with the EDC17 controller, so from a capability perspective he would be a good fit.

I'll make a start on working out what we would need to do to make this happen after PRI, and most probably Christmas and provide an update early in the new year regarding the feasibility.

The mass update/scripting function was already documented on the development list for V8 software; it's simply not feasible to redevelop current systems and processes to do this.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Thank You for updating us.

It is much appreciated.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Be nice to see some gas support again but its a little late for most of gas tuners, we have all had to switch to hpt for anything gas newer than E38 and even on some E38 stuff because EFI doesnt have the tables. Now hpt does dodge, ford, mercedes, and gm making it seem efi will never catch back up in the gas world. I really like efi and the V2 better but I have to use hpt now alot out of necessity. How will the licensing work on the 2017 gas ecm's? Please dont think I am bashing efi because I am not, I use efi everyday and like it alot. Over time unfortunately it appears their business model and mine drifter apart some and I had to expand my tuning tools.
    How are you going tuning E80, E82 and E84 with HPT?

Your right we probably won't catch up on historical controllers even if the parameters match completely. Fwiw, there has been huge development undertaken with GM Gas and GM gas transmission support in the last 12 months, there are no outstanding development requests.

All 2017 supported vehicles are on the website, our licensing scheme remains unchanged for them.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Your right we probably won't catch up on historical controllers even if the parameters match completely. Fwiw, there has been huge development undertaken with GM Gas and GM gas transmission support in the last 12 months, there are no outstanding development requests.

All 2017 supported vehicles are on the website, our licensing scheme remains unchanged for them.

Cheers
    Cindy

A little of topic but pertains to your post, is there any plans to support the 2017 crossover line E82? Some GMC ones got the good LGX motor (same as camaro and Cadillac) I know they Would be a low priority due to the more performance orientated vehicles.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Be nice to see some gas support again but its a little late for most of gas tuners, we have all had to switch to hpt for anything gas newer than E38 and even on some E38 stuff because EFI doesnt have the tables. Now hpt does dodge, ford, mercedes, and gm making it seem efi will never catch back up in the gas world.
    Ok well first up we never said we would do FORD, Dodge or Mercedes so please don't feel like we've let you down there and nor do we feel we need to "catch up" and add support for those platforms to stay relevant.
    If you want to expand your range of tuning vehicles perhaps you need to look in to some of the European tuning software that support countless vehicles types (support is bad and often you are on your own with mapping unless you have deep pockets, but it's an option). Did you know there is a tuning tool for Dodge / Chrysler gas cars that is very, very cheap (out of Russia), another reason why we wouldn't bother trying to break in to that market.....and this is from someone who owns a HEMI vehicle that I cannot tune.
    I feel the "we all had to switch" statement is perhaps an exaggeration, but I am not about to start listing customers who prefer to use our software for E80, E82, E84, E92 etc even though they own both products to prove that it isn't a one way street as you imagine. So yes it is true, rather than become just another player in the already crowded markets (FORD gas for example) we did take some risks and worked on other platforms that had not been done before by software companies which has been perceived as us abandoning our LS1 tuner roots.

How will the licensing work on the 2017 gas ecm's?
    In what sense do you mean? It is still the usual $125 per vehicle, if it is an ECM that has GM's heightened security (very likely) then you will need an Auth-Code on top of that ($50): Note, this is a manually processed code which is why there is a fee, but this has been detailed in one of our newsletters and in various software updates. So for a 2017 Vette as an example you are up for $175 USD (assuming no discounts applied). I heard it was closer to $300 to tune a 2017 GM gas vehicle with HPT but I might be wrong there, you could probably confirm that if you are using their software.

Over time unfortunately it appears their business model and mine drifter apart some and I had to expand my tuning tools.
    Ok, I don't view the tuning industry like consumer electronics products, you know the type of person who will only buy Apple everything no matter what other companies might offer on their products. As a tuner I don't think you can afford to lock yourself in to one product, I know many tuners that have 5 or more different tuning packages to cover everything they want to the level they need. EFILive never set out to conquer and support every manufacturer and model out there, sure we took a different direction as far back as 2007/8 when we released LB7 Duramax support. But since then we have not abandoned GM gas as you might think and in many cases new GM gas ECM types have been released much earlier than HPT had support for them which personally I am proud of considering we are a two man R&D show and they are many more than that.....heck, as big as they are they couldn't even design their own AutoCal type product, a product that has taken so many EFILive users to levels of success they couldn't have imagined if they were just stuck flashing tunes on a laptop.

Regards,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; November 30th, 2016 at 09:57 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    A little of topic but pertains to your post, is there any plans to support the 2017 crossover line E82? Some GMC ones got the good LGX motor (same as camaro and Cadillac) I know they Would be a low priority due to the more performance orientated vehicles.
    Yes, I think all E82 OS's got finished up last week, there was five in total for 2017 models
    Cindy can confirm that as she keeps track of what is supported and outstanding.

Lifetime Member

E82 calibration support was added in the September beta software. There are a total of 5 operating systems, 3 of which are in the current beta software.
    2016-17 Camaro is supported.
    2016-17 Cadillac ATS, CTS are supported.
    2017 Colorado and Canyon are supported.

The following vehicles will be in the next software update:
    2017 Arcadia
    2017 Cadillac XT5, CT6

In addition, based on user feedback a range of additional tables will be available on all OS's for E82 in the next update.

That completes E82 development - there are no outstanding operating systems to support, additional tables will be added based on user request.

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

E82 calibration support was added in the September beta software. There are a total of 5 operating systems, 3 of which are in the current beta software.
    2016-17 Camaro is supported.
    2016-17 Cadillac ATS, CTS are supported.
    2017 Colorado and Canyon are supported.

The following vehicles will be in the next software update:
    2017 Arcadia thanks on this one
    2017 Cadillac XT5, CT6

In addition, based on user feedback a range of additional tables will be available on all OS's for E82 in the next update.

That completes E82 development - there are no outstanding operating systems to support, additional tables will be added based on user request.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Great Job Guys ! Thanks
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Great Job Guys ! Thanks
    Hi Robert,

Please accept my apologies. For some reason I had in the back of my mind that you had a 2017 E78 truck. I had our developer stop mapping E82 and map that E78 thinking it was your OS to get you squared away.

I'll go talk to the developer, when it's ready I'll email you the calz file ahead of the release.

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

Thanks Cindy !
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Cheers
    Cindy

Most of my tuning is always a model behind, for example I tune more E38's than anything right now, then LS1 pcm's and then E92's. Since we just tune and dont build vehicles we rarely tune a bunch of the newest platform out there. I have only received 2 or 4 calls about tuning E80, E82 and E84 put together.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ok well first up we never said we would do FORD, Dodge or Mercedes so please don't feel like we've let you down there and nor do we feel we need to "catch up" and add support for those platforms to stay relevant.
    If you want to expand your range of tuning vehicles perhaps you need to look in to some of the European tuning software that support countless vehicles types (support is bad and often you are on your own with mapping unless you have deep pockets, but it's an option). Did you know there is a tuning tool for Dodge / Chrysler gas cars that is very, very cheap (out of Russia), another reason why we wouldn't bother trying to break in to that market.....and this is from someone who owns a HEMI vehicle that I cannot tune.
    I feel the "we all had to switch" statement is perhaps an exaggeration, but I am not about to start listing customers who prefer to use our software for E80, E82, E84, E92 etc even though they own both products to prove that it isn't a one way street as you imagine. So yes it is true, rather than become just another player in the already crowded markets (FORD gas for example) we did take some risks and worked on other platforms that had not been done before by software companies which has been perceived as us abandoning our LS1 tuner roots.

I know EFI never said they would support other platforms, dont remember hpt saying they would either. Some of us been around since the beginning with efi and hpt, I bought the first versions of both, both were priced close to the same and were very comparable. After using both and when the V2 came out I invested alot in EFI streams and sold my hpt and used efi only for years because I felt it was the best product out there and had awesome customer service (still do). It seemed like something changed after E38/T43's came out where efi started going a different direction. For all those years I made a living using only efi then I started needing to use hpt more. Its frustrating to have a stream to have a to buy a hpt license to change one table. Then E92's came out and everyone I know who tunes uses hpt on them because of more support.

In what sense do you mean? It is still the usual $125 per vehicle, if it is an ECM that has GM's heightened security (very likely) then you will need an Auth-Code on top of that ($50): Note, this is a manually processed code which is why there is a fee, but this has been detailed in one of our newsletters and in various software updates. So for a 2017 Vette as an example you are up for $175 USD (assuming no discounts applied). I heard it was closer to $300 to tune a 2017 GM gas vehicle with HPT but I might be wrong there, you could probably confirm that if you are using their software.

Yes I was asking about the enhanced, it was $300 initially in hpt but they changed it to $200 now. I wont be doing very many of them for probably a year at least (see replay above) just trying to see what will be my option for them

Ok, I don't view the tuning industry like consumer electronics products, you know the type of person who will only buy Apple everything no matter what other companies might offer on their products. As a tuner I don't think you can afford to lock yourself in to one product, I know many tuners that have 5 or more different tuning packages to cover everything they want to the level they need. EFILive never set out to conquer and support every manufacturer and model out there, sure we took a different direction as far back as 2007/8 when we released LB7 Duramax support. But since then we have not abandoned GM gas as you might think and in many cases new GM gas ECM types have been released much earlier than HPT had support for them which personally I am proud of considering we are a two man R&D show and they are many more than that.....heck, as big as they are they couldn't even design their own AutoCal type product, a product that has taken so many EFILive users to levels of success they couldn't have imagined if they were just stuck flashing tunes on a laptop.

Regards,
    Ross
    I agree, even the V2 is way better then the hpt interface. Hpt years ago had a hand held at sema but it never came out. I know some people have made alot of money with autocals but I have a very hard time selling them without a wideband hookup. I started adding the plug to them BUT then the cost almost equals someone buying hpt and most of the time thats what they do. Thats just my personal experience with them, like I said I know some people sell them like crazy. There arent alot of us out there who just tune, to be the best (not saying I'm the best) I think you almost need to stick to one software. Its hard to flip flop between different softwares and even harder to switch between vehicle brands and differnt software. Thats one advantage hpt has I think is the layout is the same for everything making it easier to switch if you have to vs learning efi, sct, and diablo, hpt covers the same as all three. Im not bashing efi, with efi I have been able to make a very good living and do alot of cool things over the years. Years ago there were alot of us with efi only, now I dont know anyone with just efi. Thats just my personal experience and opinions based on how I use efi, I know a diesel only tuner or maybe even a big shop would post something completely different.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast