Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LML wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    "Oh hey thanks Justin for making that Cruze work"
    I'm not sure who that comment was directed at but the people you assisted would be very grateful. It was a platform we didn't pursue because sadly for GM it didn't seem to take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    Anyway forgive me for questioning what EZ Lynk is. It's not like I can just go on Wikipedia and find the history of EZ Lynk, so I asked a question on the forums, and I got an answer.
    I never approached Kory to get the story behind the court case either (none of my business really), we knew the set up of EZ and the brains behind it, but I had no idea there was 60 people working there. Now that Kory has said his bit on it we should not continue to talk about it in here. You can read the court documents and read what Kory said and make your own mind up. It would appear a judge already has so lets move on.

I won't go back and edit the posts as long as people don't continue to talk about it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I'm not sure who that comment was directed at but the people you assisted would be very grateful. It was a platform we didn't pursue because sadly for GM it didn't seem to take off.
    Actually I can't really think of anyone it helped. The occasional shop here and there experiments with it for a day and then runs away in terror when they realize how complicated it is. Some people had greater ambitions but I never hear anything back. Even got a few offers but turned them down cause well, weren't good enough or nothing came of them.

If there is someone out there it truly helped, they aren't saying anything about it... Which goes directly against the license but it's not like I can prove that. And that's the problem with this business... I could take Ross's and other's hard work reverse engineering and make my own EFI Live, and there is a very good chance I would get away with simply because good luck holding your ground in court. Would I? No, I have ethics. But not everyone does...

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    LML wish list:
    Minimum vane position table.
    Glow plug timer control.
    There are 3 ( I think they are min or max value tables ) and another smaller table in most of the OS's

I have them mapped already, they do exist if that is what they are.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Is anyone willing to post a LML hex/bin file so I can try and learn this stuff? I don't sell tunes so mustering up the 10/15k for the software to get them doesn't make sense on my end unless there is another setup that is more economical I don't know about?

Thanks
    Robert

Edit: Did some digging around on here looks like I have a lot to learn and doubtful anyone will post one and I understand why. I tried a little while ago with some simple seadoo files and didn't get far kinda lost focus. I'm sure the LML file is way more complicated.
    Last edited by rcr1978; December 1st, 2016 at 06:19 PM.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post

LML SOTF - You can do it - it will require additional work to make it solid... Earn it.

Allison Pressure - It is not a easy one to figure out.. Instead of harassing Ross on it... start doing some digging on how the stuff works and give him a hand on it.

-------

- People to be more open minded and speak respectful to EFI in general... If only ya'll knew how hard it was to define the maps they do - and do it with such simplicity for us to understand.

This isn't a jab at ANYONE... but just doing google search and my name pops up on this - so read it all.
    The only comment I would make is if I could find the A50/T87 Line pressure controls how is it advantageous to share it, after all it is a nice feature to have all to yourself I would think ?

We have asked for the additional support on the E86A-B and now A50-T87, its clear that Ross has stated he will not revisit these, so if in fact as you stated, its very difficult to find then why would you share it, why would anyone else who put the time in share it ?

Its one thing to ask for some added tables and mapping support from EFI-Live and if they do it great, everyone benefits from it, but it seems, and maybe I read into this wrong, that Ross is not going back to look at this and their additional coder that EFI has employed is going to be handed off the additional mapping responsibilities as time allows, whatever those may be.

So on the one hand everyone ( myself included ) would like additional mapping and table support, but as Ross stated and you, its not easy to find things, so I think we might just have to go it alone it seems based on statements here, and if that is the case why would anyone one of us invest days or weeks of looking to just share it??

Its an observation and a reality check, if its not supported by EFI and rolled out as an update I just don't see anyone sharing anything they have as a competitive advantage, it's not how business works.

I'll be poking around in OLS and Hexworks as time allows, and I agree, 2D view lets you find lots of stuff and once you understand the headers the tables make some sense, its the single bits and other small things that are impossible to find, and the layout in EDC-17 sucks.

Enjoy your weekend guys...........I know I got no interest in sitting on front of the PC looking for anything this weekend.
    www.mscservices.net

I am wishing Efi Live does not add SOTF. I have spent countless hours getting .BIN files to work with all the different OS. And still have not covered all of them so for Efi to throw it out to the masses would be taking away from the few that have put in the effort. Even if Efi did add it would interesting to see if it is added to the "stock" files. As Kory stated earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I am wishing Efi Live does not add SOTF. I have spent countless hours getting .BIN files to work with all the different OS. And still have not covered all of them so for Efi to throw it out to the masses would be taking away from the few that have put in the effort. Even if Efi did add it would interesting to see if it is added to the "stock" files. As Kory stated earn it.
    Welcome to the game. As stated, we put countless hours in figuring this stuff out. And sometimes we do this in order to gain just that small time advantage to be first to market. But just because you feel like you haven't had enough time to enjoy it that is justifiable to the time you spend getting it to work, is the risk we take not waiting for EFI to release the feature. Sometimes I've only been months, weeks or even days ahead. There are things I have that will probably never be mapped but this is the risk that's taken investing time to go off on your own. So don't get butthurt if they release it tomorrow. It's how it works for everyone.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Ross has stated he would not for obvious reason, the first one is because I do not think EFI-Live as a company would duplicate something Kory or EZ-Lynk figured out, that gets back to a sticky situation of copying something that is already out there.

It is one thing to map out something that is already there, just finding it and adding it, I see no problem with that.

But duplicating a custom change to enable SOTF.........I do not know how that will be received by some.

But I am not here to judge anyone, just commenting
    www.mscservices.net

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    We have asked for the additional support on the E86A-B and now A50-T87, its clear that Ross has stated he will not revisit these
    BUT, Cindy said we will get our other guy who knows the EDC17 well on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Ross has stated he would not for obvious reason, the first one is because I do not think EFI-Live as a company would duplicate something Kory or EZ-Lynk figured out, that gets back to a sticky situation of copying something that is already out there.
    Absolutely correct Tony, unlike some companies out there who have no issue stealing others (our) work to call it their own we aren't like that. Even if Kory told us exactly how he did it and what tables were needed to be added in to the software so everyone could access it I wouldn't do it until it came with a letter to say "here you go EFILive, it's all yours". A clear conscience is a healthy thing to have and I could not sleep at night if we ripped off what Kory / EZ did to get LML SOTF working. I'd rather lose license sales than lose respect from long term customers and be seen as a thief for our own financial gain.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    BUT, Cindy said we will get our other guy who knows the EDC17 well on to it.

Absolutely correct Tony, unlike some companies out there who have no issue stealing others (our) work to call it their own we aren't like that. Even if Kory told us exactly how he did it and what tables were needed to be added in to the software so everyone could access it I wouldn't do it until it came with a letter to say "here you go EFILive, it's all yours". A clear conscience is a healthy thing to have and I could not sleep at night if we ripped off what Kory / EZ did to get LML SOTF working. I'd rather lose license sales than lose respect from long term customers and be seen as a thief for our own financial gain.
    Yes Sir !!!

That is how I feel, and yes I am aware your EDC17 Guy will look at E86A-B again.

I know you are not, but its great news that you are having someone knowledgeable look at it.

Much Appreciated !
    www.mscservices.net

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast