Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: LML wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    BUT, Cindy said we will get our other guy who knows the EDC17 well on to it.

Absolutely correct Tony, unlike some companies out there who have no issue stealing others (our) work to call it their own we aren't like that. Even if Kory told us exactly how he did it and what tables were needed to be added in to the software so everyone could access it I wouldn't do it until it came with a letter to say "here you go EFILive, it's all yours". A clear conscience is a healthy thing to have and I could not sleep at night if we ripped off what Kory / EZ did to get LML SOTF working. I'd rather lose license sales than lose respect from long term customers and be seen as a thief for our own financial gain.
    Ross, I see this mention of stolen work a lot in your posts... Just curious as to what's been stolen?

Custom operating systems for some older gas cars.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    And that is the point that is sometimes hard to get across for us, what seems lacking for your own situation is ideal for what others are doing. I don't think for a minute the LS1 PCM is obsolete, especially in the conversion world, but from a survival situation there is no incentive for a company as small as us to dedicate time to it now. At some point all things fade away, there would still be people doing the old small block TPI engines but it isn't what it was back in their hey day.

Yes I suppose it comes down to volumes and what the market will wear. This was also one of the reasons we changed the Autocal VIN license limit, it allows you to use the Autocal as a tune delivery device and have the customer return the Autocal if they don't want to keep it, that way you don't have to pass the hardware costs on to the customer (I am assuming a remote customer here).
    Yes not having the WBO2 input on the AC's is not an ideal situation when tuning remotely, but at the time we probably pictured more the Diesel customer who was used to either buying another ECM ($600+) or sending their ECM off to a select few tuners at the time. So an Autocal at $350ea was a game changer for mail order tuners, whereas the gas guys seemed a lot more DIY or a shop.

I can appreciate that being an issue, I don't know how a lot of the Euro tuners jump between software platforms all the time.

For gas I would agree, but as I mentioned earlier we never had the vision to cover the big three US manufacturers. Unfortunately many people view that as we dropped the ball or let them down
    I only just caught up on the posts in this thread and just wanted to add some of my own opinions on whats been said and it's not really related to the LML request, but it seems the post is already that far off topic it wont matter now.

With the whole ls1 stuff, im happy with it, it really is an old controller now, you guys did the hard yards many years ago with the custom OS stuff. I'm not a big shop by any means, i tune on my weekends for mostly burnout\drag cars or friends in either 8+ year old commodores or transplant cars. so drivability is not a great concern. it's mostly full power, light to medium throttle & upper rpm etc with motor longevity my primary concern.

However I also play with newer cars with the e38/t43 combo's and feel there is maybe some tables/options that would now benefit being added in since come of the cals were first released. I did my small part by buying a t43 stream license to show my support financially and you guys did wonders in "catching up" and updating the calz. So that's appreciated.

As an example i posted the other week asking for a cax for the injectory boundary and thankfully someone in the community here sent it to me. Now this table in itself isn't really required to tune or get power out of a motor, but with tweaking you can essentially get some additional free HP & improved economy.

Basically what im saying is that just like the guys who added in a bunch of extra tables via cax files for the custom os stuff in the ls1, over time people are always looking to improve upon what we do, so start playing with tables we didn't in the past, unfortunately for those who don't have the skills\tools to look up the code it meant we had to use other software to first trial these changes out.

I think the E38 having a stream license like the ls1 you guys might not be seeing how much usage is on them or will be over the next few years, especially once we loose local manufacturing in the next few years and the ve/vf's get cheaper, hell I can pick up v8 ve's now for under 10k. in fact, i picked up a non-registered rolling shell with harness/ecu for $2k a couple of months ago. Over the christmas break im even converting my ls1/m6 VY to E38/T43 (ls3/6l80) combo.

TLDR; Allow for requests for some of the older controllers for missing options. If & when time permits.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    Hell, the hex address im going to GIVE away in this post will give you total turbo control alone (Ross can add it in later on)... Is it the best way? Not sure, but guess what - it works...

12660477 - Turbo Control
    ; Address(es) BitOff Bits Typ Inv
    ; -------------------------------- ------ ---- --- ---
    ADDR = 3FE14E 0 16 SNM 0
    ;
    ; Units Factor Offset Prec MinLimit MaxLimit MinUser MaxUser
    ; -------- -------------- -------------- ---- -------------- -------------- -------------- --------------
    SI_SLOT = % 0.01220703125 0 4 -1000 8000 -1000 8000
    ;
    ; Units Factor Offset Prec MinLimit MaxLimit MinUser MaxUser
    ; -------- -------------- -------------- ---- -------------- -------------- -------------- --------------
    IM_SLOT = % 0.01220703125 0 4 -1000 8000 -1000 8000

String search and will line up to all other OS.

Just want to say thanks to Kory for this, I don't have the tools to read out any bin files and dink around that way so I took my chances on this. I took a guess at the size/labels and did make some progress, now I did find that it's not the perfect way and if you get to greedy it will overboost. I'm still messing around with it to get a happy spot between the vains opening up nailing the throttle and overboosting in the upper gears.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Here is my wishlist

1.Timing correction tables specifically temperature related ones
    2.More airflow tables mostly pertaining to boost and vain position not sure exactly what but something's missing there.

3.Speed limiting functions at least for 2015+ it holds at 98mph no what I monkey with, I believe everything is functional for 14 back not 100% on that but the ones I messed with work.
    This one can be taken off the list figured it out.

4. Trans line pressure, I'm sure your tired of hearing about this one.

I'm sure I will think of some more

Thanks Guys!
    Is it possible there are any P.I.D. tables for boost like the ones used for the fuel pressure control?
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Just a quick update. Our gas developer has now been setup to work on LML enhancements. He's been given a consolidated list of 'support requests' from this thread.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Just a quick update. Our gas developer has now been setup to work on LML enhancements. He's been given a consolidated list of 'support requests' from this thread.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Good luck.

Yep, no doubt he will love Bosch as much as me when he is done.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Thanks Kory. Can EFI Live let me know when the turbo control has been updated. Thanks!
    2007.5 RCLB 4x4 WT LMM 8594OS

The post Kory made was so that anyone can add in that specific and single table to that LML 0477/2015 OS.

If anyone wishes to compare .BINS and then search in the hex for the similar table in the 2011-2016 OS then that can also be done.

But until EFI-Live revisits the 11-16 OS for LML/LGH you will have to find anything else you want yourself.

Good Luck to you !!!
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast