Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Silverado Cam Issues

Default Turbo Silverado Cam Issues

So I finally got me the right cam for my 2004 turbo silverado even though its been running amazing just to make it most efficient and powerful and also wanted as much chop as I can get out of a single turbo set up (still havent had time to get that second cbb mounted and hooked up yet). Anyways, I have two main issues that I havent been able to figure out and another local tuner spent just a lil bit yesterday trying to figure it out and couldnt in the time we had and they are #1 It will not idle very well and once Its started and is idling if you hit the pedal at all it will then fight to run and die every single time so you end up two footing it to keep it running. which makes it extremely hard to drive stoplight to stoplight and it ran just like a brand new truck until you got into boost before the Comp Cam SGT100. #2 problem and is related to the first im sure is that i was warned this would be a choppy cam but thats what I wanted but its not choppy at all so far. However, we cant get it to idle clean and under 900. I noticed right away it was idling very rich and hoped that was the main issue as thats a quick fix and more rich here and there throughout and im still working on knocking that down lol. I did read through several threads that were close to what im asking help with but not exactly. I will post one of the test tunes for the new cam for anyone that would be kind enough to take a look and advise or just make some changes, explain and send it back for me to try. Or if anyone just has some ideas for me to look at that maybe we have not looked at enough that would be appreciated as well. Sincerely, Bryan SILVERADO TURBO STUDER TUNE thanksgiving working on new cam tune.ctz

Post some logs.

Even if the cam has lope, boost will smooth it over...

Quote Originally Posted by bstuder11 View Post
    #1 It will not idle very well and once Its started and is idling if you hit the pedal at all it will then fight to run and die every single time so you end up two footing it to keep it running. which makes it extremely hard to drive stoplight to stoplight and it ran just like a brand new truck until you got into boost before the Comp Cam SGT100.
    Sounds like it needs some more tuning on idle/TC/TF tables.

I take it VE and MAF have been corrected.

I haven't looked, has MAF/VE/IFR been scaled to avoid MAF limit...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Even if the cam has lope, boost will smooth it over...
    there is no boost at idle, im 50's KPA Vacuum. got the injector flow rates better now and you can hear the turbo and the chop...it wont let me upload the audio file :( you can check it out on my facebook Bryan James Studer

I am semi speed density (NO MAF)

Default Turbo Silverado Data Log

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post some logs.
    thats all I have so far joe and it was before I fixed the injector flow and a few other things...time has been against me here lately thats why i was hoping someone would have some great incite or advice for me that would speed things up lol.....give me enough time and I can figure anything out lol
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post up the tune that your truck ran good on before you started making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by finishline View Post
    Post up the tune that your truck ran good on before you started making changes.
    If I had a tune it ran good on before I'd just reload that one and be done. In the dark last night I took it for a ride to collect some data and I pulled it over along the side of my road and pop the hood and noticed the turbo header and even the manifold were glowing red so I threw some more fuel at it and I also noticed that one of the two old spark plug wires I had to throw back on the truck and use because there was not enough 90

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast