Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: benefit of EFILive on stock '98 vette?

Hey RPO, good to see you here. The PCM is not an issue for what you plan to do. (Don't sweat it unless you want to do FI or a really low LSA cam.) Even with your limited plans, you'll get a lot of value out of Live. In conjunction w/ an inexpensive WB02 you can do a much better job tuning than you can with the MAFT (which is equivalent to exactly one table in the tune.) Doing your own tuning is a great plan if you're the sort that likes tinkering, though that's not for everybody. The single biggest advantage is that you can spend as much time as you want, something tuners can't afford to do. Given that and the fact you'll want some dyno time, you shouldn't look at it as a cheaper way to tune. It's likely more expensive but it's also more of an investment (buying a tool, learning, future mods, etc.) Be sure to download the software for a test drive and check out the tutorials.

Thanks!

I like tinkering! I tuned the MAFT with EFILive V5 and my autotap cable, that's how long ago it was!
    I'm going to order the scan only version and get used to it for a while, then I'll upgrade and start tuning. (plus it makes it a little easier on the wallet this way!)

looking forward to getting into this!

Since you have some lead time, you might start looking at WBO2 options and how that might impact your header project (things like extra bungs, NB emulation, etc.) Lots of options to mull over.

been looking at that already.

there are a couple that have the NBO2 output that look interesting. I may do that for now, and when I finally do get headers, I'll have another bung installed for the WBO2.

Fortuneatly you have come to the right place. EFI Live is hands down THE Best Value Real Deal out there. Look up one of the Resellers for a sweet Wideband / Interface combo. They can make great deals. Hand held programers, MAF Translators, all that other hoakus poakus stuff just made some people really rich while not giving their customers much value. The 98 pcm will be fine for what you are looking to do.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Thanks!

I have liked EFILive since I originally tuned my car with V5 and my old autotap cable.

what would be a good WBO2 setup?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12