Thread: AD Input for wide band

Unhappy AD Input for wide band

Hi there . Need help with my flash scan V2 . I have been unable to log WB02 data. I have the latest soft ware and firmware version updated yesterday 29/11/16. have read a lot about other users having similar issues. I have gone through and checked flashcan in diagnostic mode. It shows there is a count on channel 1 also checked channel 4 which had the same. I even tried to recalibrate input voltages and no success. It had worked in this way through AD1 with my old Autronic controller. I have since replaced this with our dyno which has a Tech Edge 2DP controller . It is configured to 10-30 AFR which my Mainline have told me was configured the same as the Autronic I had. The signal reaches the V2 but is not diplaying with the pids whether I select Autronic or Tech edge. I also tried using it on the V8 software and most of the PID values are incorrect?? Using it on V7.5 it displays correct values. What am I doing wrong????
    Cheers from a novice!!
    Last edited by scv8; November 30th, 2016 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Missed info

Hi scv8,

Please post a log file, I'll take a look.

Which AFR pid were you using for your wideband...?

Are you saying it does not display on the V2 LCD during logging...?

And it displays ok on V7 scantool...? What about V8 scantool...?

Default AD wide band input

Hi Joecar
    This is 1 of the log files .I used the tech edge pids on this 1 and tried the same with the Autronic auto Ve pid file. Using them with the scan tool all other pids were logging correct values. When I tried the same logs using Version 8 most of the pids displayed incorrect values. I downloaded new V8 software and firmware into another laptop tried again and still no change. I haven't tried just logging with the V2 at all. I have just replaced our Dyno as I said it has a new Tech Edge controller with splitter we are using to get data for the AD input. It use to work with my old Autronic in the same way. Mainline have told me the Tech Edge has been configured the same output voltage for AFR as the Autronic was??? I sometimes have log breaks between using EFI live and usually have to refresh my memory as I don't use it on a regular basis but can generally work things out. There must be some simple thing I am doing wrong here.
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll look at it later today.

Something wrong with AD voltages (going above 5V)...

which V7 build version do you have installed...?

I have measured voltage at the input plug. About 1.2v can't remember but was around 14.afr . Build no 282 When doing the V2 self test it did display around the 200 mark. I didn't think that was what the voltage was though as it is only a 1=5 volt ouput from the WB controller

Ok, you're using old software...

Install V7 and V8 from here: November-2016-Release-Candidate-1

The run V8 S&T and click Check Firmware and go ahead and update the Boot Block and Firmware on your V2...
    more info: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

And then try again, capture another log, the AD voltages will now be withing the 5V range.