Thread: VERY new to EFI LIVE

Default VERY new to EFI LIVE

Hi all,

First off if this is in the wrong place please move it. I checked all the forums for something similar to post but with no luck here I am.

I have a 2012 ram 2500 and using an edge insight with an OBD2 splitter connected to my csp5 switch. What I am wanting to know is does the insight cause issues with EFI LIVE? To me it feels like when my edge is disconnected the trucks runs differently than when both are going to the OBD2. So im not sure if there is a signal loss or something.

My understanding is that with my Auto-cal I load the 1 tune containing my 5 power levels to the ECM and the switch basically tells the ecm to "hey use this level" and I feel that the signal is getting distorted or whatever. If im losing it please tell me. I work 70 hours a week and school for 24 so losing it is entirely possible lol.

Thank you all for the future help.
    Last edited by randomrunner2012; December 1st, 2016 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spell check

Yeah I am pretty sure because the Edge device is acting like a scantool on the OBD-II CAN bus it is constantly talking to the ECM, this might interfere with changing tunes.
    Perhaps try also posting over on one of the Diesel forums about this because I am sure someone else would have run in to the same thing.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.