Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Known Issues With Current Public Release

When using CAX files, there is an option to allow definitions to overlap other CAX files, can this be extended to allow overlaps with EFILive definitions too?

I think in some cases there are EFIlive definitions that are hidden or not editable. I understand locking it down to prevent inadvertent changes due to mis-configured CAX files however some users may need a bit more flexibility and by checking the box to allow overlaps we take on board the responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    When using CAX files, there is an option to allow definitions to overlap other CAX files, can this be extended to allow overlaps with EFILive definitions too?

I think in some cases there are EFIlive definitions that are hidden or not editable. I understand locking it down to prevent inadvertent changes due to mis-configured CAX files however some users may need a bit more flexibility and by checking the box to allow overlaps we take on board the responsibility.
    You could rename the .calz if its pressing.

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post

Sounds like it needs to be added as a PRO TUNER option.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Default AutoCal config files....

Hey Paul.... With your help I polished up most of my AutoCal config files to load the appropriate maps and pids

so that when I load a customers autocal log file every map opens and the correct pids are all loaded.

Not sure if I'm asking the right question or no or if someone else is noticing the same problems, but seemingly

after the most recent updates, I now have to manually load individual maps for submitted log files and it was never like

this before. Hopefully someone else noticed what I'm seeing and it's just not the early onset of Alzheimers.....

Chuck CoW

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,

Made public from a private e-mail....

Hey Paul.... I noticed that the V7 calibration summary now includes segments that are different.

VERY NICE! I would also hope that you include it on the opening page when you

load a cal or alt cal for comparison so that changes are evident up front.

It will be of big value especially for the LML duramax and other controllers where

multiple segments could be different even when the OS is the same.

The only thing I notice right now is that when I do the ctrl F12 to create the summary

clicking on the items in the list does not bring you to the calibration the way it used to. (solved)

------------------

What I suggested a year or so ago seems more appropriate right now.....so I repeat.

I'm very thankful for the tune tool auto identifying alternate segments that are not identical. EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

Maybe it could be a PRO TUNER option as well, but I would absolutely LOVE IT if (optionally) efilive could display the

memory address(s) of the differences in each segment even if the tune tool or efi live does not display them.

Now-a-days, there are too many occasions with all the different tuning tools out there where things are different and

we can't see it.... It's a big problem for me. I'm quite sure there are a few of us out there that a feature like this would

be EXTREMELY helpful for and its a feature that I would greatly appreciate.

Hopefully there are others reading this that will recognize the value of a feature like this.

Thanks for listening.
    Chuck CoW

Not sure if I missed this someplace but when comparing files, it now shows the checksums are different between 2 compared files which I've not seen before. Also getting an Access violation error when trying to update one file with the compared file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error Updating Compared Files.PNG 
Views:	158 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	20606  

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Maybe it could be a PRO TUNER option as well, but I would absolutely LOVE IT if (optionally) efilive could display the memory address(s) of the differences in each segment even if the tune tool or efi live does not display them.
    This is not possible, if the calibration is not defined in the tune tool then it cannot detect or display the 'unknown' differences.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

When I bring up the Speedo calculator, I get this pop up:

---------------------------
    EFILive Tune - Digital tools for onboard vehicle electronics
    Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\cal_adjust.txt". Access is denied.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Bdirtymax View Post
    Not sure if I missed this someplace but when comparing files, it now shows the checksums are different between 2 compared files which I've not seen before. Also getting an Access violation error when trying to update one file with the compared file.
    I have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post

The only thing I notice right now is that when I do the ctrl F12 to create the summary

clicking on the items in the list does not bring you to the calibration the way it used to. (solved)
    What's the fix?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bdirtymax View Post
    The problem is the software is attempting to update the new segment/checksum items as if they were calibrations. That will be fixed in the next update. For now the workaround is to not have those segment/checksum items selected when you click on the [Update] button.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast