EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known Issues With Current Public Release

Latest updates (released as an auto-update):

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.9 Build 319
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.4 Build 313
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014)
    • Firmware: V2.07.110 (Jan 12, 2016)

Updates are described here: What's New

Until the official download page is updated, the latest Feb 2016 software, the update can be downloaded via these two direct links:
    EFILive V7.5 Software - V7.5.9.320 (108MB)
    EFILive V8 Software - V8.2.4.313 (78MB)

This latest version changes the way shortcuts are added to the Start menu. To comply with Microsoft guidelines for Start menu items, only apps are allowed on the start menu. The "Uninstall", "Check For Updates" and the "Documents" shortcuts have all been removed:

• To "Uninstall" the software you must now use the Windows Control Panel -> Programs And Features -> Uninstall option.
    • To "Check for Updates", you must now use the "Check for Updates" option on the Help menu in the V7.5 software and the [Check For Updates] button in the V8 software.
    • To access the documentation, you must now use the Help menu in the V7.5 and the V8 software packages.

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue 2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue 3:
    When Synhronizing authorized Auth-Codes from V8 software to FlashScan V2 or AutoCal, the Remote.ska file is not correctly saved to the device resulting in the following errors for BBR $0552, $0551, and Header Truncated.

Workarounds:

1. Read the controller using V8 pss-thru reading.
    2. Delete the Remote.ska file from FlashScan/AutoCal using EFILive Explorer. Synchronize keys to FlashScan/AutoCal using [Sync Selected Items] option. Using EFILive Explorer, Refresh Config files before disonnecting FlashScan/AutoCal.
    Last edited by Blacky; February 16th, 2017 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Updated software & Known issues
    Before asking for help, please read this.

"List the calculated PID names (omit the "CALC" prefix) to be pre-selected when black box generated log files are opened in the V7 scan tool software"
    This is not possible for CALC."BEN_LC11_E38", as input is limited to 11 characters.

Fixed - thanks very much
    2011 VE SSV 419 + CAM + Whipple 2.9FF SC + PPV front struts + Bilstein rear shocks + 6L90E with single piece carbon fiber prop

Lifetime Member

Did something change with the drivers?

I can't stop a scan without V7.5 locking up and having to reboot the computer because nothing will stop the lock up.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Did something change with the drivers?

I can't stop a scan without V7.5 locking up and having to reboot the computer because nothing will stop the lock up.

No driver changes.
    If it is a driver issue, if/when it locks up try unplugging the USB cable -that can sometimes cause the USB drivers to "unfreeze".
    Or try killing the process EFILive_Hapi.exe - that is easier than rebooting.

Or are you saying the entire PC locks up?

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

For some reason it had different drivers. I forced the drivers that are in program files nd it works... but good to know about hapi, hence why killing scan tool didn't work.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    For some reason it had different drivers. I forced the drivers that are in program files nd it works... but good to know about hapi, hence why killing scan tool didn't work.
    The EFILive_Hapi.exe process is the only EFILive V8 process that makes a USB driver connection. All other EFILive V8 processes connect to the EFILive_Hapi.exe process. So any driver issues with the V8 software will always be in the EFILive_Hapi.exe process. That's why you can have EFILive_Explorer.exe and EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe both appear to be "connected" to FlashScan at the same time - because really, only EFILIve_Hapi.exe is ever actually connected to FlashScan.

For V7 both the Scan and Tune process set up a USB driver connection.

Regards
    Paul

hi, i just did some updates to my T43 trans and the tap shift stopped working. I noticed some extra options for selecting tap shift functions and tried all settings but not good. I have the L77 6ltr and 6 speed in my torana and tapshift worked for years, until i used the lastest software update. Help would be appreciated

Lifetime Member

Post 1 has been updated for today's public release software and accompanying release notes.

Issue 3 has been added to the known issues list.

Issue 3:
    When Synhronizing authorized Auth-Codes from V8 software to FlashScan V2 or AutoCal, the Remote.ska file is not correctly saved to the device resulting in the following errors for BBR $0552, $0551, and Header Truncated.
    Workarounds:

1. Read the controller using V8 pss-thru reading.
    2. Delete the Remote.ska file from FlashScan/AutoCal using EFILive Explorer. Synchronize keys to FlashScan/AutoCal using [Sync Selected Items] option. Using EFILive Explorer, Refresh Config files before disonnecting FlashScan/AutoCal.

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

The last calibration update for T43 was August 2016. There have been no changes in 2017 for T43 calibrations. What software/firmware did you update from?

Do the functions return when you reinstall your last known good tune?

Cheers
    Cindy

Hi D9601 an D9605 were not available last time I used EFI o my Trans tune and appear to be new additions. Tried my pervious tune and still not working

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast