Thread: Latest tune -1 loading

Lifetime Member

Default Latest tune -1 loading

Running version 7.1.8 build 175
    cal 434
    personal s&t

When launching tune by itself or from inside scan if using the save as and allowing it to increment ( ie tune(n), tune(n+1) etc. )
    its not loading the latest tune, but loading the latest tune(n-1).

Justconfusing when seeing something that you know you just fixed popup, then see tune(n-1) on the top. Or like i have done several times, see the same thing occur, go into that section make changes and save and see you just overwrote and old tune.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I have had this same probelm reported by another tuner. It was causing all sorts of problems with overwriting previous changes.

I am not able to reproduce the problem on any of our test systems here. Obviously there is some condition that is different to your setup.

Doe it happen all the time, or has it stopped happening?
    Does it only happen when the scan tool is running?

Were there any other unique conditions (that you were were aware of) when the problem occured?

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

I will go through all the iterations that i can find that its happening.

Lifetime Member

OK this one is really a strange one to get to happen.

shut all windows down, launch EFILive Scan, use Scan to open Tune - it should open the last one you opened with Tune. IE gto-tune-10.tun

Make a change in Tune and save gto-tune-10.tun, also do a save as gto-tune-11.tun

Open SCAN, and launch Tune from inside Scan, it pulls the last one that was saved, not saved as IE gto-tune-10.tun.

I tried the same thing just launching tune alone. Open tune, gto-tune-10.tun, made change, save and then save as gto-tune-11.tun. closed and opened and gto-tune-11.tun opened.

And now for the REALLY REALLY weird thing:

If I did 2 save as'es, say from 10, I save as'ed 11, then did it again to 12, it loaded 11? But this is only happening when I launch from inside scan.

Hope this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dbaxter_ss
    OK this one is really a strange one to get to happen.

shut all windows down, launch EFILive Scan, use Scan to open Tune - it should open the last one you opened with Tune. IE gto-tune-10.tun

Make a change in Tune and save gto-tune-10.tun, also do a save as gto-tune-11.tun

Open SCAN, and launch Tune from inside Scan, it pulls the last one that was saved, not saved as IE gto-tune-10.tun.

I tried the same thing just launching tune alone. Open tune, gto-tune-10.tun, made change, save and then save as gto-tune-11.tun. closed and opened and gto-tune-11.tun opened.

And now for the REALLY REALLY weird thing:

If I did 2 save as'es, say from 10, I save as'ed 11, then did it again to 12, it loaded 11? But this is only happening when I launch from inside scan.

Hope this makes sense.
    I had this happen too! I thought I didn't get a clean load of the software. I saved all my files to a disk, removed the program, ran a virus scan and then did a kleanup in regedit and reloaded...seems to be working Ok now.
    I'm old and Retired! I used to go fast. I don't go so fast anymore ...but, my cars still do!

Lifetime Member

This is a fresh load
    I had problems with the initial install and had to uninstall EFI completely and reinstall.
    All directories, registry, everything.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Thanks to time you all spent providing info, the problem has been identified.

The most recently used (MRU) *.tun file is saved in the registry by BOTH the Scan Tool and the Tuning Tool. That is incorrect, the Scan Tool should not be saving the MRU *.tun file.

When the Scan Tool is started it reads the name of the MRU *.tun file from the reg. Then when the Tune Tool exits it updates the reg with the correct MRU *.tun file. Later, when the Scan Tool exists it (incorrectly) updates the reg with the original *.tun file that it read when it first started.

FYI, the reg key is:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7\Properties\M ru\BinFileName<n>
    where <n> ranges from 0 to 7.

A fix is being made...

Paul

Lifetime Member

Sweet, glad I could help.