Thread: New FSV2 screen problem

Default New FSV2 screen problem

Hi guys,
    I bought my FSV2 a couple of months ago but have only been using it for 2 weeks, tuning my VFII Commodore and it has been fine until I plugged it into my OBDII this morning to do a log after I installed a catch can.
    The LCD screen is all pixilated and hard to read. If I tilt it on a very acute angle I can make it out. I thought this was very odd, so before I did my log I plugged it into my laptop to check firmware. All firmware up to date (updated 23.12.16) but the screen is still having the same issues while plugged into my laptop.
    Can anyone suggest a possible cause and solution for this please? Do these things fail?
    I have not dropped the unit or handled it poorly in any way. It has been stored in the garage with my laptop, we had some hot weather over the last couple of days but it wouldn't have been any hotter than around 28 degrees in the brick garage.

I did a search in the knowledge base and have tried to adjust the contrast of the display(which is set to 0 for some reason) but get the following error,

EDIT: I did the log I was intending to do but also noticed that the file name had reverted back to 0001. I had already logged up to 0009 so was expecting it it be 0010.
    Last edited by dgp; December 26th, 2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: More info

Did the brightness/contrast control do anything...?

Joe,
    when I tried to program the controller after changing the contrast, I get the $0106 error message and nothing happens.

UPDATE:
    So, I couldn't get the screen fixed using V8 Scan & Tune, but, I was able to just go into F4 OPTIONS - F1 SETUP -F1 EDIT SETTINGS on the FSV2 and update the contrast setting on the device. This solved the problem.
    I think its a bit odd that I couldn't do that through the software though.
    I still don't know why it has reverted to log 0001 either.

Ok, manual contrast fixed it.

In V8 S&T goto Devices and on a subtab it has the log file counter, see what it says.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dgp View Post
    UPDATE:
    So, I couldn't get the screen fixed using V8 Scan & Tune, but, I was able to just go into F4 OPTIONS - F1 SETUP -F1 EDIT SETTINGS on the FSV2 and update the contrast setting on the device. This solved the problem.
    I think its a bit odd that I couldn't do that through the software though.
    I still don't know why it has reverted to log 0001 either.
    You couldn't do it through the software due to the error you posted above. We hope to have a fix posted shortly.

Cheers
    Cindy

Thanks for posting, having the exact same contrast issue on a friends v2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Cummins - EFILive Conversion - S474 single - 1325hp on the spray.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ok, manual contrast fixed it.

In V8 S&T goto Devices and on a subtab it has the log file counter, see what it says.
    Thanks Joe, I went in but there was no log count in V8 S&T. On the FSV2 I found the File # and changed that and it then recorded in the correct sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    You couldn't do it through the software due to the error you posted above. We hope to have a fix posted shortly.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Thanks Cindy, something you might need to know, once I changed the contrast on the FSV2, I then plugged it in to my OBDII and it reverted back to a low resolution. I changed it again whilst it was plugged into the car, updated the File# as above and then it remained at the resolution I set it at.