Thread: Vats

Default Vats

HEY GUYS QUICK QUESTION , I have a 2008 denali that has been a nightmare with the security system , so I deleted it with efi, problem is the anti theft light still flashes , am I missing a table or something ?

thank you

Why dont you just fix it properly.........

seriously, the 2007+ Passkey 3 system could not be any simpler. Its not "finicky" or a "nightmare" like the old VATS systems were.

You have a theft deterrent module, and a key with a transponder in it....thats it. Have you replaced either of those?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Tkx sport. If the customer wanted to have fixed I would have . It's been fixed 3 times and is tired of dealing with it and having his guys stranded . SO back to my question. If you do not have the answer why waiste my time .

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath View Post
    Tkx sport. If the customer wanted to have fixed I would have . It's been fixed 3 times and is tired of dealing with it and having his guys stranded . SO back to my question. If you do not have the answer why waiste my time .
    In defence of Duratothemax you didn't actually mention that in your first post.
    The VATS delete is more for engine conversions rather than still in the vehicle. I don't know enough about how the system integrates with the rest of the modules on the vehicle to know if the warning can be stopped.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    In defence of Duratothemax you didn't actually mention that in your first post.
    The VATS delete is more for engine conversions rather than still in the vehicle. I don't know enough about how the system integrates with the rest of the modules on the vehicle to know if the warning can be stopped.
    And that's fine . But trying to be a smart ass when someone is asking a question by stating shit thats is irrelevant to the question is my issue there. . I didn't ask how is it fixed or what's wrong or how old he is. Or when is the earth gonna blow up. I asked , can the light be deleted ,it's pretty simple . Yes I know it was met for the conversion . I'll assume it can't be deleted but thought someone would know

If turning all VATS related DTC's off in the ECM tune doesn't get the desired result then it probably is the TDM or BCM telling the Instrument cluster to show the warning, in which case you are probably stuck with it unfortunately.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath View Post
    I asked , can the light be deleted ,it's pretty simple . Yes I know it was met for the conversion . I'll assume it can't be deleted but thought someone would know
    It can be deleted by spending 5 minutes with a Tech2 to see what the problem actually is, lol.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

honestly dude go back to bed and stop wasting my time with your stupid comments.