Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Need to verify if tune file I downloaded is 4L80E

Joe,
    Does the TCCMODE in that log make sense to you? It has puzzled me since the first log he sent me. It seems to randomly show "Slew", "Rel", "App", "Lock" and even "unknown". Doesn't correlate to changing TPS/MPH... I don't know enough about what should be seen for some of these parameters.
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Actually, it seems to be unlocking after shifting from 3rd to 4th and immediately locking back up again. Should it unlock after the shift or stay locked through the shifts?
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLK02WS6 View Post
    Actually, it seems to be unlocking after shifting from 3rd to 4th and immediately locking back up again. Should it unlock after the shift or stay locked through the shifts?
    You can change whether the TCC stays locked during a shift or not via programming.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    You can change whether the TCC stays locked during a shift or not via programming.
    I know in some cases you can with the toggle that allows it, but this OS doesn't have the toggle - and based on the TPS/MPH, it should have stayed locked. I don't see why it is dropping in and out based on the settings.
    GM EFI Tuner

Well guys ... stock converter was just put in ... Ran a pressure guage and per recommendation by trans builder, set line pressures to be in the 80-125 range (before swapping to stock)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Are all problems resolved now that the stock is back in?
    GM EFI Tuner

Driving home in a bit

Well I think we eliminated the weakest link! Goes through shifts nice and firm and locks up nice and tight! However, I don't have the cable to log cos I had to give it back and same with the mechanical gauge I had to return to the trans shop. I will invest in a trans pressure gauge soon.
    Have to go over the tunes now and see if there's anything I wanna put back to the way it was before we started troubleshooting this ... like PWM control and shift pressures ect.
    We did notice a lot of misfires during a "spirited acceleration" towards the top end/shift points; which Jason said may have attributed to the flashing engine light (didn't turn on this time), but also felt it may be because of the cam ... did you see any when tuning?

Make sure you leave all of the scaling stuff I did. I would keep most of the changes actually...

Time to get the new converter
    GM EFI Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Here it is with MIN tables maxed out .. you can see the TCC slip on the RPM.

I also logged a run with force motor current and it runs at about 0.6A but gets to about 0.5 as I roll into it ... is that too low?
    Your log shows light TP, so 0.5A is ok;

the lower the Force Motor Current (PCS solenoid current), the greater the line pressure... (compare the pids TFMPRS and TFMCUR).

Also log GM.TCCSLIP, GM.SHIFTLAST, GM.SHIFTERR.

Quote Originally Posted by BLK02WS6 View Post
    Joe,
    Does the TCCMODE in that log make sense to you? It has puzzled me since the first log he sent me. It seems to randomly show "Slew", "Rel", "App", "Lock" and even "unknown". Doesn't correlate to changing TPS/MPH... I don't know enough about what should be seen for some of these parameters.
    When TP is steady, TCCMODE should go to AppEn and either App or Lock.

The log shows TCCMODE to Slew and then to Unknown, weird... stays in Slew for 7 seconds before going to Unknown.

I can see by comparing RPM to TIS that the TCC is unlocked during Slew and is locked during Unknown.
    Last edited by joecar; January 19th, 2017 at 03:34 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast