Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need to verify if tune file I downloaded is 4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    You can change whether the TCC stays locked during a shift or not via programming.
    I don't see that parameter in his TCM file.

Quote Originally Posted by BLK02WS6 View Post
    I know in some cases you can with the toggle that allows it, but this OS doesn't have the toggle - and based on the TPS/MPH, it should have stayed locked. I don't see why it is dropping in and out based on the settings.
    The stock trans tunes from GM all unlock the TCC during shifts.

So the stock TC fixed it...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    So the stock TC fixed it...?
    Well from the seat of my pants and ride/shift/lockup feel while driving, everything seems to be fine and dandy! Goes through gears 1, 2, 3, TCC Locks, 4 ... doesn't miss a beat and I feel the firm shifts due to the stock converter now. It's like having 5 gears! hahaha I do have the DashLogic running with gear/temps/etc. on the dash so I know it the TCC or gears

Reverse does seem to engage with some force after I upped the pressure by reducing the forcemotor current values by 10% (to get the recommended value on the gauge).
    Attached latest tune after playing with all the stuff trying to figure out what does what. Copied a whole bunch of shift tables from my old 4L60E tune and also tried to disable TCC in tow/haul mode (testing) ... I guess it isn't Pattern A .... cos it still locks up in tow/haul mode.
    Kinda sucks not having my own cable ... can't do things when I suddenly get an idea, lol
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can come get my cable, but I need to fix a buddy's speedo at work next week - he got bigger tires and needs a cal...
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Lifetime Member

Glad you figured out the converter is toast (not good) and can figure out what's next.

I didnt see that table in this OS either, I've seen it in many others though so I wonder if it's there if someone went digging...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

What converter did you have...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    tried to disable TCC in tow/haul mode (testing) ... I guess it isn't Pattern A .... cos it still locks up in tow/haul mode.
    Be careful when you try to prevent the TCC from locking...

when TCC is locked, the TC does not slip and so does not produce heat... GM use this strategy when ATF gets too hot.

Be careful when you try to prevent the TCC from locking...

when TCC is locked, the TC does not slip and so does not produce heat... GM use this strategy when ATF gets too hot.
    Yeah was just trying to see how to disable it if I didn't have time to swap stock in. Returned them back to original values. Also noticed it's running possibly 25-30f cooler now
    What converter did you have...?
    It is a R&R racing 3200 9.5"
    Small operation run by a single guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mean Green Z28; January 20th, 2017 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Glad you figured out the converter is toast (not good) and can figure out what's next.

I didnt see that table in this OS either, I've seen it in many others though so I wonder if it's there if someone went digging...
    I'm sure it's somewhere buried in there along with the 0% throttle TCC unlock fix that HPT has released. I've read here that some tuners have created custom files to get to this portion of the tune, but the one guy I spoke to hadn't figured it out on the T42 controllers yet and the other can't help 'cos he's in Canada and has insurance issues on supporting customers in USA. I guess the only way to do it would be to pull the tune using HPT and fix it, but that's another license and tuner charges. Kinda sucks that EFILive doesn't support the T42 anymore.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345