Thread: no speedo output to cluster

Default no speedo output to cluster

To give a quick background on whats going on. I have a 09 Saturn sky that I have put a LS in. I used a e67/T42 and I now have everything working including trans but no speedo. All the modules are communicating. Theft works as well as all the gauges except speedo. On the scanner it show vss and replicated vss signal. The tcm is obviously seeing signal because it is replicating it and trans is shifting. The cluster receives all the info via can. I can not see what the cluster is actually seeing even with my tech2. I even tried a new tcm just incase. Does anyone here have a tune file for a stock 09? I would like to look at the org settings. Someone with sticky fingers needed my laptop I had the org files on so it is gone. That was one of the files that I had not backed up yet. I attached a scan of car show speed info . Thankssky new tcm.efi

Or a 09 solstice auto file

Lifetime Member

Please post your tunes, I'll take a look. What ECM/TCM combo did you use as far as the original vehicle they came out of? What transmission are you using? If you're getting a VSS in the scanner, it's likely the ECM is not outputting the signal to the cluster, either via serial, CAN, or direct wire. Not sure how the Sky/Solstice clusters work, you'd have to figure that out and see how to patch the signal it. If it's direct wire, could just be as easy as swapping a pin on the ECM harness.

I could only find an 06 Sky and 07 Solstice ECM files, nothing for 08-09 which used the E37 from GM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yes, org it had a e37. I tried to get this thing working with efilive but it required several segment from the e37 to be merged / replaced with the e67 for it all to cummunicate and work correctly. I never could so I got hold of Ken Kelly and he was able to do it with his software. Thus efilive is locked out so I can't read it. I can read it with edit but that won't do you much good unless you use it. Everything works except speedo. I use efilive and hot and now edit and they all work similar as far as the basic editing tables so I was hoping someone had a idea on what's going on. Thanks

Lifetime Member

Got it, you're dealing with a weird, hybrid setup that's been locked by LS2Edit. Not sure what else can be done, since you have LS2Edit you might need to ask Ken if there's any parameter that can be updated. Does the speedo do anything of just sit at 0 like it's not hooked up? Could you spoof a VSS signal onto the CAN bus (if it's a CAN bus speedo)?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

It is a can bus speefo. It shows vss and rep speed signal. And I have enough sends speed signal box checked. The scanner shows all this but there is no way of telling what is being sent to cluster via can. I have tried changing to class2 and early can. Nothing has worked so far. It stays on 0