Thread: Nitrous OS type operation without Custom OS (when not available)

Default Nitrous OS type operation without Custom OS (when not available)

I thought some people might be interested to know that in applications where an EFILive custom OS doesn't exist for the nitrous activation fueling/spark control, we have a module that simulates the ethanol sensor content signal and allows a switched input from a nitrous controller output, boost controller output, manual switch etc. to change the ethanol content reported to the ECM, allowing you to change target AFR and spark timing based on an external switched input. This makes this feature compatible with any of the OEM ECMs/PCMs that are able to read a flex fuel sensor.

The switched output could also be used for a high/low octane switch or a race gas switch etc. It could also be used with water and alcohol injection systems and the level sensor to reduce spark and richen the mixture when you run out of fluid in your auxiliary injection tank.

The unit can also be used in applications that have a flex fuel sensor to trigger an external device when flex fuel content goes above or below a certain level as a warning indicator or to enable/disable something based on ethanol content (but this doesn't really apply to the custom OS capabilities).

We are still interested in getting feedback on this module so if you have an interesting application for this, would put it into use right away and would be willing to document your results/installation etc. - contact me via private message or email and I might be able to get you a sample for testing.

Here is a link to a little bit more information on the device:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L460350085_2_900_255.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	20634

http://www.lingenfelter.com/product/L460350085.html
    Jason Haines, Project Director
    Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
    http://www.lingenfelter.com
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Thanks for sharing.

Lifetime Member

Hmmm, I have a methanol kit I'll be installing on my 2013 Sonic 1.4T with the E78 here in the next month or so, this might work well. Have it setup to automatically richen the mixture when spraying, if tank runs out of meth then drop fueling down. Have to see how to reduce boost, but seems doable!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.