Thread: E67 with oddball OS gives p0606 at WOT.

Default E67 with oddball OS gives p0606 at WOT.

Again, thanks for the previous help in my prior thread; https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...al-*-LS2-files

After finally reassembling everything, breaking in the motor and spending some quality time on the dyno, I've got a powerful, running car!

However, after my final dyno tune, I had some adjustments made based on some logs of street driving.
    I went to take it out, and upon punching it, the CEL lit, "REDUCED ENGINE POWER" popped up on the dash, and I was informed that I needed to service the ESC, and that the system was off.
    I've been searching around for prior posts on this, and they seem to mention the throttle calibration, which I don't believe has changed since the repeated WOT runs on the dyno, there'd be no reason to, as I'm running the same external engine bits as before!

I've attached the logs from my run, as well as the freeze frame captures.

Highlights (based on requested info in prior threads):

Code:
    [ECM Freeze Frame 0]
    DTCFRZF=P0606
    TP=26.3%
    TPDES=91.1%
    CPUFAULT=22.

[ECM Freeze Frame 1]
    DTCFRZF=P0606
    TP=26.3%
    TPDES=25.1%
    CPUFAULT=22.
    I'm running the same PCM that I was prior to switching to EFILive (see prior thread), but now with an EFILive modifed tune, and before, it never had any similar behavior. I didn't see anything like this prior to the latest tune, or on the dyno either, so I'd love some suggestions as to where I should look in my calibration. None of my electronics or sensors changed, either.

This other thread I found didn't quite illuminate things for me: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ight=p0606+e67

Thanks!

EDIT: Tried the tune I left the dyno with again, and I was able to repro the p0606. Seems a bit more difficult to trigger.
    Last edited by required field; February 7th, 2017 at 07:07 PM. Reason: clarification & new info

I realized I had forgotten to post my tune. Attached is the calibration that's in the ECM, along with the most recent logs reproducing this issue. Previously, I was using this same ECM with LS2Edit, and that ran fine for years, I can't try that old calibration again, as there's a new built engine in the car. (Old calibration, as read in from EFILive is in the thread linked in post #1 for reference.)

The attached log snippets have the p0606 triggered right at the last throttle opening.

If someone can either suggest culprits, PIDs to log, or avenues of investigation to track this down and resolve p0606, I'd really appreciate that!
    Last edited by required field; February 7th, 2017 at 07:08 PM.

I've solved the issue. It appears that b2800, b2801, and b2802 were accidentally increased by +10% in the bottom half of their maps. Missed this when comparing my previous files as I was editing w/o the FlashScan hooked up, and the diff tool doesn't list those (and the editor hides them) in that situation.

If anyone reads this, it'd be great if the comparison tool would list all differing values regardless of the FlashScan's presence, or at least note "additional differences exist, connect FlashScan to view."

Thanks for the feedback, I made a note of that to the software guy.

May I please see your .ctz.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by required field View Post
    If anyone reads this, it'd be great if the comparison tool would list all differing values regardless of the FlashScan's presence, or at least note "additional differences exist, connect FlashScan to view."
    Unfortunately, when FlashScan is not connected at software startup, those additional cals are not loaded into the software so they can't be compared. The software simply does not know about them.
    I've added it to the list of things to add to the V8 software...

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

NP, maybe it's because I'm a new user, but I didn't even realize that omitted differences were a possibility. A general message saying some data may not be present would have helped a lot, if that would be possible to add to 7.5.

I also searched the forums and the KB a lot, but the forum advice I found was a bit hard to follow, and the KB had nothing about P606 or the cpufault codes that the freeze frames pick up. If that was in the KB, I may have figured my issue sooner.

Joecar, I'll be dropping you a PM.

ok, thanks.