Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning help

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyk31 View Post

I also scaled the VE & cranking VE by 25.48% as a start. Thats the difference i calculated from the cylinder air from a 5.3 to a 408ci.
    +1
    this is a good thing to do, let's see how this goes.

Cool, thanks Joe for all your help!!! We'll see how it looks when i can check the rail pressure and get a good scan/log in. Joe, one last ques... Do i need to alter anything in G1206 and G1207? My thinking tells me NO but figured i would double check. Thanks dude!
    Last edited by Jayyk31; February 2nd, 2017 at 02:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Do i need to alter anything in G1206 and G1207? My thinking tells me NO but figured i would double check. Thanks dude!
    No worries.

G1206/G1207 shows F-Body with AIR Pump and Alternator L Terminal, do you physically have both of those...?

Do you physically have any that are listed as No.

I would leave G1206/7 alone (unless I had some time to play/experiment with it).

Reguarding G1207, i have no AIR injection, NOT running alternator through pcm, and i am running the factory oil pressure sender through the "EGR" in the pcm so i can log the oil pressure. Seperate i also have the oil guage sender for the s10 directly to the dash.

Im gonna not mess with this table until i get everything running and im able to log the input/output of whats going on.
    Last edited by Jayyk31; February 2nd, 2017 at 01:56 PM. Reason: add more info

Reguarding G1207, i have no AIR injection, NOT running alternator through pcm, and i am running the factory oil pressure sender through the "EGR" in the pcm so i can log the oil pressure. Seperate i also have the oil guage sender for the s10 directly to the dash.

Im gonna not mess with this table until i get everything running and im able to log the input/output of whats going on.
    In G1207 you can turn off AIR and Alternator L.

Are you able to log pressure ok thru the EGR interface...?

I was thinking that i should be able to log the EOP and set up a custom PID (or something like that) to convert the units into #'s that make sense. Like logging a wideband through EGR or AC. Am i able to do that? I logged my wideband this way with the "other" software. Also want to log crankcase vacuum/pressure through the FTP sensor pins.
    Cool so i will turn off those things in G1207.

There is a calc pid for EOP that we can borrow (we have to modify it for EGR input).

You may be able to log thru ACP as long as it does not interfere with cooling fan control.

OK I will try the Calculated EOP pid 1st and try to get that to work.

I was just thinking, on another note, I used the '01 Silverado auto tune, segment swapped the Trans segments and system segment from a 6 speed f body. I pinned my pcm based on the truck pin outs. So on the trucks the clutch anticipate switch is in pin J1 blue 35. On the f body it's j1 32 blue. Should I keep it as is or move it to the f-body pin location?

The CALC.EOP pid uses the pid GM.EOPS which reports Corvette LS1 oil pressure voltage input to the PCM...

you would need to enable Engine Oil Pressure in G1207, and you would need to pin the PCM connector (I would have to look at a 2002 Corvette wire diagram).

7 blue, 58 red, 63 red. That's the pinout for the '02 vetted EOP sensor. I'm gonna check out the scanner tonight when I get home from work and look for that pid.
    Ya know I noticed also that this '02 vetted I got the pinout from has the clutch anticipate switch in pin 35 blue just like the trucks. F body has it in pin 32 blue. I guess they must have moved it for some reason?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast