Thread: Calc pid to display previous frame value (delay data)

Lifetime Member

Default Calc pid to display previous frame value (delay data)

As title, is it possible to create a calc pid to display previous frame value, I'm sure ive seen this somewhere?

For example, delay the MAF 1/10th of a second as it seems to respond quicker than the MAFSD

Yes... in the V7 user manual pdf, look at the calc pids section, in the functions table look at the function FRAME.

~Moderator~

Lifetime Member

Hi Joe

I think this is the one I want, I want to return the value of an earlier or later frame, not the frame number, do you have an example of this pid?

value() Syntax: value({PID},frame) Arguments: {PID}: a PID name. frame (optional): an expression. Return value: The specified PID’s value for the specified frame. If the frame number is not specified the current frame number is used. If the frame number is less than 0 then frame 0 is used. If the frame number is greater than the last frame, then the last frame is used.
    Last edited by Gelf VXR; February 12th, 2017 at 11:15 PM.

Lifetime Member

You can't 'shift' the actual MAF readings. You create a PID which becomes a new parameter and you then do the shift in that calculated parameter... the original MAF readings remain intact.

I don't see any value in shifting the MAF readings... they are what they are and that's what the PCM is seeing and using to do its fueling calculations.

I have done a shift for wideband readings in the past (I now use spreadsheets for all my tuning so I no longer use this scanner function). I'll put up a couple of pics to show you how I shifted the wideband readings and you can use that as an example of how to do a frame shift.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WBoffset1.JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	20737

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WBoffset2.JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	20738

This calc.PID was set to a 5 frame offset for the wideband as the vehicle I was tuning at the time had gutted cats and the WB sensor mounted in the rear O2 sensor bung... huge delay in wideband readings. I also divided by lambda to auto-correct for PE fueling situations (optional way of doing things, but worked for me).

Lifetime Member

That's what I'm looking for, I think we are on the same page, I always see MAFSD lag just behind MAF, as you note the WB has a further delay in reading, I want to experiment with delay to the MAF and MAFSD a few frames to apply the fuelling correction.