Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how are people deleting the newer 6.7s?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default how are people deleting the newer 6.7s?

I was wondering how everyone seems to be delete tuning they newer 6.7s? I have an 08 and tune just here and there on my own truck and last i hear EFILive stopped offering any delete tuning abilities for the newer trucks? Im not on here much so im not sure if anything has changed but i really would like to buy a newer Ram but im being held back because i dont like not having the ability to adjust/tune anything i want in the ECM....

Cummins has their own tuning software. Software can be broken in many ways.

Now no one's going to admit it, but the entire tuning world really just revolves around stealing work. We're pretty much China.

i understand that but like i asked what is the majority of people using because if access to cummins software were that easy id think itd be out for grabs to the public? If EFILive doesnt allow for delete tuning what is the next "best" software out there? H&S? PPEI? BullyDog etc...? just sucks that i invested money into EFI as i use it on tuning my gasoline GM cars also and now if i want to buy a newer truck i cant delete tune with what i have....

It is out for grabs to the public. I have no experience with how the program works, I just know that it exists.

Lifetime Member

If all you're looking for is the delete part, get in touch with a tuner that offers it and buy it from then. Then you can use that as your base file and build your own tunes on top of it. It's a bit tricky as you dont know what changes are really in the tune, but its better than nothing.

Or start spending a lot of time understanding the internal workings of the ECM's code.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    If all you're looking for is the delete part, get in touch with a tuner that offers it and buy it from then. Then you can use that as your base file and build your own tunes on top of it. It's a bit tricky as you dont know what changes are really in the tune, but its better than nothing.

Or start spending a lot of time understanding the internal workings of the ECM's code.
    So are you saying to essentially "stack" using a box tuner for delete purposes and then EFI for all performance tuning?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Murda View Post
    So are you saying to essentially "stack" using a box tuner for delete purposes and then EFI for all performance tuning?
    No. I'm saying get a tuner to supply you a tune in EFILive format that has the delete done. Then you can use that for your new base tune and tune it normally.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

This is interesting
    07 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins, 2inch level, modified air box, deleted exhaust, Efi live tuning, borg warner gov. Solenoid, billet transmission, 35 inch terra grapplers
    22 ram 2500 6.7 6 inch lift 22x12 welds, 37x13.5

Do you want a delete tune for your 08 I have a csp5 tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it is worth, we often get people asking can we please have a special software version with the delete parameters in there. Well I can assure you it doesn't exist, I have not even looked at how to remove emissions from the late model Cummins ECM's.....not even looked at it!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast