Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Known Issues With Current Public Release

I'm trying to open some BBX .efi log files in V8, and when opening it, I have to pick the controller, but "AEM UEGO Bank 1" isn't an option in the trans controllers section when opening the file, so I can't view the logged WBO2 PIDS. Selecting that after the fact clears the opened log file.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...l=1#post236815 <- log in this post, I'm on build 316 w/ the matching firmware.

I stumbled across an issue that was introduced in the last few updates in the V7.5 Tune tool, I understand why the error is there but it used to work previously.

When running scripts on the 68RFE side of the CMD/CME trucks I am getting an error that says "Does not describe a unique calibration area/rectangle", I know this is because the axis of the table are not neatly defined (as per OEM) and you have repeats. That said the scripts used to work in old revisions before this check was implemented.

If this check has to stay for other reasons in other controllers what would be a work around to effectively make changes across different OS? For the same OS i can open side by side and copy the changes in the differences window, but different OS's mean a bunch of copy and paste which would take a considerable amount of time.

Thanks

MItch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    I stumbled across an issue that was introduced in the last few updates in the V7.5 Tune tool, I understand why the error is there but it used to work previously.

When running scripts on the 68RFE side of the CMD/CME trucks I am getting an error that says "Does not describe a unique calibration area/rectangle", I know this is because the axis of the table are not neatly defined (as per OEM) and you have repeats. That said the scripts used to work in old revisions before this check was implemented.

If this check has to stay for other reasons in other controllers what would be a work around to effectively make changes across different OS? For the same OS i can open side by side and copy the changes in the differences window, but different OS's mean a bunch of copy and paste which would take a considerable amount of time.

Thanks

MItch
    I get the same message running scripts on E35B with MAF Scaling. I have to go into the scripted tune and change the MAF scaling manually after running the script.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by required field View Post
    I'm trying to open some BBX .efi log files in V8, and when opening it, I have to pick the controller, but "AEM UEGO Bank 1" isn't an option in the trans controllers section when opening the file, so I can't view the logged WBO2 PIDS. Selecting that after the fact clears the opened log file.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...l=1#post236815 <- log in this post, I'm on build 316 w/ the matching firmware.

Will be fixed in the next update.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post

Thanks

MItch
    Scripts are automatically generated using col/row labels. That allows scripts to run against multiple different operating systems where the same tables were defined with different labels. Unfortunately, changing the labels' units and not displaying enough precision can sometimes lead to duplicate labels.

In the past, duplicate labels were allowed and the software simply used the first label (of any duplicates) that it found. However, that was causing some scipts to miss and/or update the wrong row/column of data.

There is no single magic solution to that problem.

If you would prefer to, you can manually edit the scripts to use a more suitable method of "finding" the rectangle to be updated:

If you are updating the entire table, then edit the script and change the rectangle definition from label values to the words: MIN,MIN,MAX,MAX which means the entire table. Obviously this only works if the table is always the same size.

If you are only updating a portion of the table but you know exactly which rows/columns need to be updated then change it to something like @5,@3,@6,@9 which means all cells between columns 5 to 6 and rows 3 to 9. The order of the values is Left,Top,Right,Bottom.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

What V7.5 Version will work with V315 and Firmware 112 ?

Every version from 319-322 I have tried has that error and 323 goes with 316 which I am hesitant to move to from 315

I was forced to update to V8-316 and V7.5-323 to resolve the issues.

THANKS !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firmware Mismatch.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	381.4 KB 
ID:	20866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firmware OK - Control Panel.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	470.4 KB 
ID:	20867  
    Last edited by GMC-2002-Dmax; March 27th, 2017 at 09:20 AM.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123