Thread: GM BCM bench wiring pinout

Default GM BCM bench wiring pinout

Interested in giving the newly released support a try but can't seem to wire up the BCM right. Anyone willing to share the pinout for a 14 C7?

This release only covers (approx) 2006 to 2012 BCM's (made by Denso) Then after that GM split in to two BCM types, one made by Bosch, one made be Continental, those two aren't supported yet.
    Keep in mind, EFILive has only provided the flashing tool for the BCM, no mapping is available but modified tunes are available from Oz Tuner.

Just an FYI, a BCM on the bench by itself needs a 120 Ohm load across the CAN bus before you can talk to it, or you can have an ECM hooked up at the same time for the same result.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

whoa, when did bcm reading get added in? must of missed that.

It didn't, only BCM flashing was added by request of a company that wanted to sell already modified tunes for BCM's. Probably most of what they offer will be of little interest to Commodore owners knowing what options VE's had vs the Silverado trucks.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

yeah i've got no interest in it myself. just didnt see anything mentioned is all.

I know a lot of the guys locally have just been able to send the relevant can command to change options etc

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    yeah i've got no interest in it myself. just didnt see anything mentioned is all.

I know a lot of the guys locally have just been able to send the relevant can command to change options etc
    In this "What's New" doc: http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_316.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bcm.png 
Views:	297 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	20771

It says read/flash support because technically support was added for reading/flashing other controllers, it's just that reading is not implemented/possible on some controllers, i.e. the BCMA for which we've just added flashing support.
    Admittedly it is sort of a tiny little "notice" for a rather large enhancement.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    This release only covers (approx) 2006 to 2012 BCM's (made by Denso) Then after that GM split in to two BCM types, one made by Bosch, one made be Continental, those two aren't supported yet.
    Keep in mind, EFILive has only provided the flashing tool for the BCM, no mapping is available but modified tunes are available from Oz Tuner.

Just an FYI, a BCM on the bench by itself needs a 120 Ohm load across the CAN bus before you can talk to it, or you can have an ECM hooked up at the same time for the same result.
    Thanks. Do you happen to have pinouts for one of those year BCMs?

Quote Originally Posted by 1906 View Post
    Thanks. Do you happen to have pinouts for one of those year BCMs?
    Why do you need a pinout for the BCM.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post

It was detailed in our recent newsletter and is on the front page of our website.

https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/n.../bcm-flashing/

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk