Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EFILive on Windows Vista

I just put Windows Vista Business on my laptop as the HDD died. EFILive 7.3.3 installed without a problem.

Only thing is the first time you open it you have to choose to run both Tune and Scan Tools because the programs are not signed. A tick of a button and you never see it again though.

The one bug i did find is that the new Aero interface Windows-Tab key combo doesn't show a preview of the Scan or Tune tools all the time. It shows the sheel with the program logo but no the actual MAP or table that I'm viewing.

Installed the drivers, warns you if you really want to install them, but it installed just fine and did a few hours of logging tonight without a hitch. All the maps, charts, PIDS, F3, F4... key combos all still work, as with the Tune tool

Quote Originally Posted by jsttry
    I just put Windows Vista Business on my laptop as the HDD died. EFILive 7.3.3 installed without a problem.

Only thing is the first time you open it you have to choose to run both Tune and Scan Tools because the programs are not signed. A tick of a button and you never see it again though.

The one bug i did find is that the new Aero interface Windows-Tab key combo doesn't show a preview of the Scan or Tune tools all the time. It shows the sheel with the program logo but no the actual MAP or table that I'm viewing.

Installed the drivers, warns you if you really want to install them, but it installed just fine and did a few hours of logging tonight without a hitch. All the maps, charts, PIDS, F3, F4... key combos all still work, as with the Tune tool
    Cool stuff my new laptop comes next week with Vista Biz. I assume it will work.
    Macon Patton

Finally had to "upgrade" from the 64bit edition to the 32bit.
    Works fine, everyone should be fine on any version of the 32bit vista. Dont bother with the 64bit if you want to run efilive!
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I made the mistake of "upgrading" several of my boxes to IE7 from IE6 and the experience is horrible enough that I have put my plans to buy a new Vista box on hold!

IE7 tries to emulate Mozilla Firefox capability and is a most dismal failure. It is excrutiatingly slow as well as buggy and quirky. Luckily I had this experience before I spent good money on a Vista "upgrade".

I will stay happy and without frustration by sticking with XP. Heck it works, why try something that probably won't work for several years.

Too bad Apple was never able to properly price their product to gain significant market share.

Perry

Found this quote on Slashdot ... think it's pretty fitting:

The BOFH has it right...

"You should go to Vista."

"So you like Vista?"

"Not really, no. I run a Vista simulator."

"Virtual Server?" the Boss asks.

"Nah, I just turned on all the flashy crap in XP, changed the background image, took some memory out of my box and clocked down the CPU. Then broke Media player. Works like a charm."
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by pkincy
    I made the mistake of "upgrading" several of my boxes to IE7 from IE6 and the experience is horrible enough that I have put my plans to buy a new Vista box on hold!

IE7 tries to emulate Mozilla Firefox capability and is a most dismal failure. It is excrutiatingly slow as well as buggy and quirky. Luckily I had this experience before I spent good money on a Vista "upgrade".

I will stay happy and without frustration by sticking with XP. Heck it works, why try something that probably won't work for several years.

Too bad Apple was never able to properly price their product to gain significant market share.

Perry
    I think Vista will :allow: me to type this...
    Macon Patton

Apple have a product called Bot Camp from memory which allows you to boot Windows XP native on the hardware, so you could increase their market share if you wanted

I really like Vista, but I don't use IE7 (haven't used IE for years now).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne

I really like Vista
    That's ok , everyone has been fooled once in their life .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Bought a new laptop with Vista on it. It won't even attempt to find the drivers. I point it right at the drivers and it says they aren't there.

Wish I would have known that before.
    2005/2007 DHRA Western Drag Champion
    Bonneville A/DT & B/DT Land Speed Record Holder, 197mph best speed.

Casper - 05 GMC 2500 Dmax LLY 10.59 @ 129, 916rwhp
    Big Blue - 04.5 GMC 3500SRW LLY 13.12 @ 104, 502rwhp sled puller
    Wendy - 06 GMC 2500 LBZ 12.50 @ 107.5 First LBZ into the 12's. 542rwhp.
    Blue Meanie - 02 Z06 11.40 @ 121 AFR H/C

Quote Originally Posted by McRat
    Bought a new laptop with Vista on it. It won't even attempt to find the drivers. I point it right at the drivers and it says they aren't there.

Wish I would have known that before.
    does this help
    http://download.efilive.com/software...on%20Vista.pdf

mine has been working great for the past 2 months
    knock on wood
    2017 Trailblazer 2.5L Dmax
    07 LBZ rc lb EFI - Sold
    05 lly cc lb, EFI 80hp tune-Sold
    01 lb7 rc lb EFI & Road Runner,1000+hp -Sold
    Duramax power

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast