Thread: E38 os 12658778

Default E38 os 12658778

Does anyone know anything about this OS? Its for the 2016+ "Chevrolet" (Isuzu) low-cab-forward trucks. They have a 6.0/E38 and 6L90/T43.

I flashed (using TIS) an E38 I had lying around here using the VIN from a 2016 truck, and then tried reading out with EFILive, but it didnt seem to work...the ECM communicates with a scan tool, reads DTC's etc...so I assume the TIS/SPS flash worked fine. But the serial number, Calibration ID, and HDW number all show 000000000000 now.

VIN shows up fine, and all of the segment part numbers show up fine.

Did I brick the ECM? Are there only certain "special" E38's that work with this oddball 12658778 OS?

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Yeah Ben, you probably flashed an incompatible OS in the ECM and now its corrupted everything (not reversible).
    TIS does not check what is currently in the ECM to know if this is going to happen.
    FWIW, that OS is the same as what was in the 2015 Camaro and Commodore, it isn't a special one off for the trucks.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yeah Ben, you probably flashed an incompatible OS in the ECM and now its corrupted everything (not reversible).
    TIS does not check what is currently in the ECM to know if this is going to happen.
    FWIW, that OS is the same as what was in the 2015 Camaro and Commodore, it isn't a special one off for the trucks.
    I just tried reading it again and it read out...could it still be dead? Either way, doesnt matter because I just use it for bench work. I was curious what kind of CAN messages it sent/received because in the Isuzu trucks its effectively working in a standalone config.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul