Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom OS download

Default Custom OS download

Where do I download the custom Os's from. I've looked all over the website and the forum here....I found a lot of info on them but nothing as to where do download them from

For GenIII engines they are installed as part of the V7.5 package.
    http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

All other Custom OSs for gas or DSPx for Diesels are available as an OS upgrade within the V7.5 tune tool. You must have your FS plugged in before opening the tune to view the option to upgrade.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Look in here (on your hard drive): C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\LS1B\Custom

correction: look in here: C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS
    Last edited by joecar; March 9th, 2017 at 10:54 AM.

I have verified that the files are there but they are .CALZ files. The tutorial says they should be .tun files. Could this be the reason nothing shows up in the dashboard under the "Upgrade OS" tab?

Lifetime Member

You need to be looking at C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS for the Custom OS files.

The LS1B COS files will never be available under the Upgrade OS tab in V7.5, you have to open them from this location and follow the instructions. Read the COS LS1B Upgrade tutorial for how to determine which COS base file to use.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    You need to be looking at C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS for the Custom OS files.

The LS1B COS files will never be available under the Upgrade OS tab in V7.5, you have to open them from this location and follow the instructions. Read the COS LS1B Upgrade tutorial for how to determine which COS base file to use.
    Thanks, found it

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I have verified that the files are there but they are .CALZ files. The tutorial says they should be .tun files. Could this be the reason nothing shows up in the dashboard under the "Upgrade OS" tab?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post

Erik, thanks, I stand corrected (I don't know what I was thinking).

I am looking too. V8 with the V3 seems different. I cant find it anywhere how to get the COS 's for my LS1B. Been searching and reading for hours now. The manual is not real clear. Not sure what this refers to. "Where custom operating systems are available, they will be located in the Navigator as a calibration segment folder. The exact location is dependent on controller type and custom operating system type." Thanks.
    Last edited by Dcon; April 9th, 2021 at 11:15 AM.

Can anyone help me find the COS files in version 8? I've been searching for hours. Tried downloading V7.5, cant find em. searched *.tun, *.calz, searched the internet, read both V8 and V7.5 tutorials, tried looking as noted above by Erik. No BINS folder can be found. im at a loss, even though im sure it is obvious. LS1b OS 12212156 COS 020200xx Thanks! Dion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast