Thread: Questions.before purchase

Default Questions.before purchase

If I buy efi live how do the credits or etc work? My tahoe 411 is from lextech and am wanting to get into learning on my own.
    1. Do you license per vin?
    2.What if I bricked the computer does it.take more credits?
    3. If I wanted to play with my 04 tahoe computer how.much more is that?
    4. Is there any special cables for logging I may need or be aware of etc pieces to buy?
    5.what's the price of new aND can you buy used or how would that work?
    Thanks for your time anthoney

Lifetime Member

1) You license per VIN (really it's per controller) before the first flash. You never have to license the same controller again with your FS V2. If you replace the controller or your buddy uses his V2, you will have to relicense it.
    2) If EFILive bricks the PCM, EFILive will evaluate the situation and possibly will provide you with a new VIN license. They will likely not pay for a new controller.
    3) Each PCM or ECM/TCM combo costs $125 for a VIN license. When you purchase a new V2, it will come with 2 VIN licenses ready to use. So, you could tune both PCMs with your initial V2 purchase.
    4) You have to buy the EFILive FlashScan V2 hardware with the GM Tuning option. It includes free access and updates to the V7.5 and V8 software packages. More info here: FlashScan V2 with the GM Tuning option
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    1) You license per VIN (really it's per controller) before the first flash. You never have to license the same controller again with your FS V2. If you replace the controller or your buddy uses his V2, you will have to relicense it.
    2) If EFILive bricks the PCM, EFILive will evaluate the situation and possibly will provide you with a new VIN license. They will likely not pay for a new controller.
    3) Each PCM or ECM/TCM combo costs $125 for a VIN license. When you purchase a new V2, it will come with 2 VIN licenses ready to use. So, you could tune both PCMs with your initial V2 purchase.
    4) You have to buy the EFILive FlashScan V2 hardware with the GM Tuning option. It includes free access and updates to the V7.5 and V8 software packages. More info here: FlashScan V2 with the GM Tuning option
    awesome man thanks 1 more question I believe I read where the new efilive has like an auto tune where it can learn on its own to get a base line that's on the normal systen I would buy or is that additional. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by anthoney456 View Post
    awesome man thanks 1 more question I believe I read where the new efilive has like an auto tune where it can learn on its own to get a base line that's on the normal systen I would buy or is that additional. Thanks again
    The auto tune you refer to would be AutoVE...

you would need to buy a wideband to do this...

you wire the wideband to the analog inputs on the FSV2 (or use serial comms if the wideband has a serial output compatible with FSV2);
    then you log a prescribed set of pids;
    then you use the software to do "AutoVE" which corrects the VE table (you do a manual copy/paste-multiply).

There are other variations, such as AutoMAF, Calc.VET, Calc.MAFT.